Your feedback helps us improve

Richard

Your feedback helps us improve

Post by Richard » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:27 pm

Hi,

Recently we've delivered some great updates. We've added support for Oculus Quest and Quest 2 VR headsets, released a new software update for Aerodrums (see https://aerodrums.com/aerodrums-change-log/), and have more things on the way soon.

These improvements are all in response to user feedback, with all new users being offered a feedback survey when they register their Aerodrums. As more experienced Aerodrummers, we'd also like to hear your thoughts and to get to know you a little more.

By giving us just 2 minutes, you'd be helping us out by letting us know what we need to work on next. You can complete your user survey here: https://aerodrums.com/existing-user-feedback/

Thanks in advance,
Richard

johnnyM1984

Re: Your feedback helps us improve

Post by johnnyM1984 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:01 pm

Wow ! Thats great!
Thanks for change-log, I have installed new version but did not know which changes were made. Russian bug is a huge improvement for us (from Russia).

Also I am happy to answer your survey. Its great that you collect this data from users, I am sure you will receive lots of ideas!
Great work, happy to be with you, guys!

jpb2nd

Post by jpb2nd » Sat May 06, 2023 9:14 pm

Having read many Aerodrums forum posts back to the beginning in 2016, I see lots of feature requests, including many that forum admins say are in the works or have been completed. As a recent researcher who just bought the current version with camera stand (and anxiously awaits the opportunity to buy the second version), I would like to suggest that an ongoing list of planned and completed feature requests (perhaps specifying program release dates/versions) would be beneficial to potential buyers of both Aerodrums and Aerodrums 2.

I was thinking of producing such a list from forum posts, but wonder if there might already be a listing somewhere that describes what each version of the software added or fixed, in addition to a list of features that are planned? There are tons of features in Aerodrums and Aerodrums 3D that are not advertised to potential buyers who might become convinced that it is not a toy but a serious product. Perhaps also noting features that are only planned for or included in Aerodrums 2.

jpb2nd

Post by jpb2nd » Sat May 06, 2023 9:25 pm

I just saw when sending my feedback that there actually is a change log you link to. Sorry for not noticing that. I will study it now to see what features I think would have helped me to decide earlier to buy Aerodrums.

(I did buy it on Amazon a few years ago and returned it because the bright light hurt my eyes too much. But after reading many forum posts and watching videos, I see that many folks are using Aerodrums in brighter environments than the darkened room I was led to believe was required. I have ordered Aerodrums with the camera stand, as many forum posts consider the stand a major contribution to better setup. I will order Aerodrums 2 as soon as I am allowed, and see if I can sell the current version after I receive version 2.)

jpb2nd

Post by jpb2nd » Sat May 06, 2023 9:42 pm

Perhaps mentioning in advertisements that Aerodrums has a very active forum going back 7 years with numerous posts and x number of members who frequently comment that admins are very responsive to requests? ( I did notice complaints of non-response, but they seemed to come during NAMM events only.)

I am mentioning these advertising points primarily because I realize that I should have been using Aerodrums years ago, but didn't know what I have recently learned - and I only began that product research after hearing about Aerodrums 2 coming out. That recent research has convinced me to buy Aerodrums with camera stand now, and enjoy it while waiting for Aerodrus 2.

Richard

Post by Richard » Mon May 08, 2023 10:46 pm

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions. It's always useful to know what aspects of the product turned people off Aerodrums. One major area of improvement with Aerodrums 2 is ease of setup and general user friendliness and that includes replacing the bright light with invisible light.

jpb2nd

Post by jpb2nd » Sat May 13, 2023 3:53 am

I lost sight of the real goal of Aerodrums

I thought my goal with Aerodrums would be to learn to hit the drum symbols on a projected screen, forgetting that the real goal is to hit those invisible pieces of a drum kit that I can imagine are layed out in front of me.

When learning about setting up and using Aerodrums I forgot that goal. Might others need reminding as well, perhaps emphasizing this in advertising materials and at the beginning of the user guide?

jpb2nd

Post by jpb2nd » Sat May 13, 2023 6:14 am

I looked for a link to the Aerodrums manual (user guide) in the Aerodrums forum but could not find one. I had previously accessed it on Aerodrums.com but think it should also be accessible from a topmost link in the forum.

condordontsurf

Post by condordontsurf » Sat May 13, 2023 6:01 pm

its right there on the website under the "for users" section

jpb2nd

Post by jpb2nd » Sat May 13, 2023 7:49 pm

I do know that aerodrums.com has a link to the user manual but thought the forum should also have that link.

(That is what I am used to seeing on other forums supporting products I bought or was researching.)