How robust is the gear

osau

How robust is the gear

Post by osau » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:14 pm

If it's not terribly cheeky to ask, I'm wondering;

1. Do the sticks and other bits need any particular care?
2. Are they solidly built?
3. How long is an Aerodrum set expected to last?

Thanks

Sipaliwini

Re: How robust is the gear

Post by Sipaliwini » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:45 pm

The balls at the end of the sticks are fragile (because they are very light so that the sticks feel as much as possible like normal drum sticks). We recommend transporting Aerodrums in its original box so that the balls are well protected. If you are a hard hitter and don't soften your style when air drumming, after a while it is possible that balls could become loose and need re-gluing using silicone sealant. In the current series the balls are covered by the warranty. However, in the next series they will be considered consumable and we will make replacement kits available at a small price ($10 max). One replacement kit will be provided in the box.

Users of the forum have reported that the lens detached from their lamp. We are really sorry that variation in the manufacturing of our first series caused this. They were able to fix it with some glue. The next series will not have this issue.

Richard's been drumming for over a year with the same sticks. I don't drum enough yet so my experience doesn't count, but considering users' experience so far, I would say that the worst (and rare) case scenario would be to need a ball replacement kit every two months. The other parts will stay functional for a very long time.

matkatmusic

Post by matkatmusic » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:34 pm

What type of glue do you guys recommend for reattaching the lens to the lamp? my lamp fell and popped off.

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:15 pm

Sorry that this happened to you too. I presume it is the plastic part that holds the lens that has detached from the lamp. In this case, we recommend using contact glue (the one you apply on each part, wait until it stops being tacky, then join the parts together). If it is the glass lens itself that left its holder, then two dots of superglue on each side of the lens slot will do the trick.