Aerodrums with Mac

Ringowig

Aerodrums with Mac

Post by Ringowig » Sat May 16, 2020 1:29 pm

Hi,

I’m thinking of getting myself a Mac purely for Aerodrums..up to now I’ve always used Windows on various old laptops, with varying degrees of success :D ...can anybody offer any tips/advice please?..how do things seem to run in your own experiences?.

Regards

Richard

Re: Aerodrums with Mac

Post by Richard » Sat May 16, 2020 8:10 pm

I'm not generally a Mac user but I much prefer the experience of using Aerodrums on Mac. It has always run flawlessly on my 2013 MacBook Air and audio latency is even better than on Windows laptops I've tried.

Ringowig

Post by Ringowig » Sat May 16, 2020 9:28 pm

Ah that sounds great..thanks Richard...I think I will just go for it and take the plunge. There are quite a few 5-6 yr old Macs around at good prices at the moment. Im thinking an iMac with 4GB Ram, IOS 10.11 (El Capitan), might be ok for my needs..I know very little about Macs and have even less experience using them...but I like what I hear and read about them.

Thanks!

Ringowig

Post by Ringowig » Sat May 23, 2020 7:59 pm

Ok quick update!...since my original post I found a 2009 iMac on eBay for £115...the short story is that it runs Aerodrums like a dream... :D ..also today I fired up GarageBand and in less than a minute it was triggering the inbuilt GB kits...no setting up internal midi/tweaking/configuration required...it just works.
Really pleased with everything and looking forward to doing some more sampling/playing/recording now!...

Cheers!