legoman

Recording Aerodrums in Ableton/EzDrummer2

Post by legoman » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:26 pm

Software:
-Windows 10 /Ableton Live 10 / EZdrummer2 / Aerodrums 1.1.1
Configurations:
-Using the Ezdrummer2 mapping on Aerodrums
-Using the Roland setting on Ezdrummer

Hi. Whenever I try to record a track of me playing using the configurations above, it seems to only record some random hits.
Can someone please help me find out what's happening? Is there some configuration missing? Is this a midi mapping problem?

I've been having so much fun with aerodrums, and I am so inspired now with a song I'm creating, it would be a shame not to be able to record it with aerodrums :cry:

I share with you simple video to show what is really happening. In the first half I am recording, in the second half reproducing the recording, where you can see that it only recorded some random hits.
LINK:https://drive.google.com/file/d/12qL0C7 ... sp=sharing

Hope you can help me.

Richard

Re: Recording Aerodrums in Ableton/EzDrummer2

Post by Richard » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:10 pm

Hmm...that's strange. From your video it looks like the problem is specific to recording - is that the case? In other words, is the behaviour as expected when you're playing Aerodrums and it's triggering EZdrummer2? (I was going to suggest removing Ableton and running the standalone version of EZdrummer2 connected to Aerodrums initially until you have things working well but it sounds like that's already working ok.)

I don't think the problem has anything to do with MIDI maps. I'm not sure if it will make any difference but on the Aerodrums MIDI screen you could try change the value of the setting 'Use the MIDI note scheduler?' to see if it makes any difference.

Is it the case that recording works as expected when you remove Aerodrums from the loop and try to record EZdrummer2 into Ableton by clicking on the drums to trigger them (or using a keyboard)?

legoman

Post by legoman » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:24 pm

Hi.
I just found out what is happening and your questions did help me figure it out, but not directly :)
After trying to proceed as you suggested but with no results, I remembered that EZdrummer2 has it's own recording button (at the bottom of the app), and I was using Ableton's instead. It was clearly my mistake.

I am very sorry if I somehow wasted your time, but nevertheless the issued was addressed and it's solved, and it may even help another noob like me if they get stuck in such a situation.

Once again I really appreciate you taking the time to help me and in such a polite and professional way.

Cheers!

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:30 am

Glad you managed to fix it, cheers.