Camera stand launch

Sipaliwini

Camera stand launch

Post by Sipaliwini » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:23 am

Hello,

we're launching the stand for the camera now. Here is a link to a short video showing it: https://youtu.be/cVVspWVoNLo

You can see pictures and purchase it here: https://aerodrums.com/product/aerodrums-camera-stand/

Use this coupon code for free shipping: stand220419

If you are in the US or EU, please don't pick the Amazon shipping option as they don't have stock.

The software update that introduces the stand specific set up mode will be released within a few of days (so before you receive the stand).

Sincerely,

Yann

Wolfgang

Re: Camera stand launch

Post by Wolfgang » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:21 pm

I ordered April 23 and got it 4 days later. Compared to my self-crafted tripod solution I was a bit afraid if this stand would resist rehearsals or live-performances, with a lot of people moving around. But after having used it in numerous rehearsals and also for 3 concerts were 2 of them had been outside, I find this very useable and a major upgrade for Aerodrums. No more hassle with setting up the camera and everywhere I go I retrieve my personal kits.

A (very) lightweight, elegant design, an ingenious solution for holding the camera in place, no more juggling with two axes, and a software upgrade permitting to setup the camera in seconds!

I’m asking myself how many people might have put their Aerodrums back in the box and send it back, just because they haven't found a reliable way putting the camera on a table and hoping it won’t move.

For those thinking that this stand is overpriced (and I know some personally), you can see it as a non-free software upgrade, one which makes an aerodrummer’s life much easier, bundled with some hardware, I think it makes it acceptable.

If you like your Aerodrums, with this upgrade you will love it.

By the way, the free shipping code saved me more than €60 for delivering to France.

@Aerodrums-Team
Could you make this new calibration accessible behind the menu-button in Aerodrums? I think this is indispensable in live performances for fast checking. And I really would like if you could separate “check light situation”/”calibrate camera” into two distinct actions, often it goes to fast from one to the other.

Ringowig

Post by Ringowig » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:10 pm

Thanks for the review Wolfgang...I may give this a closer look now..

Regards

condordontsurf

Post by condordontsurf » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:42 pm

I got the camera stand late last year while also ordering some spare reflectors. I echo Wolfgang's sentiments. To me it is an essential and well worth the money.

Ringowig

Post by Ringowig » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:50 am

Camera stand ordered!...:-)

Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:07 pm

Ringowig wrote:Camera stand ordered!...:-)
Welcome to the club.