RecordHi,ing in Garageband

Herrgausb

RecordHi,ing in Garageband

Post by Herrgausb » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:34 am

Hi ,

is it possible , to use Aerodrums in garageband as a audio unit(AU) or to record Aerodrums as audio-track?

Kind regards Michael

Richard

Re: RecordHi,ing in Garageband

Post by Richard » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:43 am

Hi, Aerodrums isn't available as an AU or VST plugin.
I can think of 3 options:
1. The most straightforward option is to use the built-in recording feature of Aerodrums. This will let you record and later export your performance to a single wav file or to a separate wav file per drum piece. You can then bring these wav files into Garageband.
2. It might be possible to get Garageband to receive the raw audio from Aerodrums directly using a free audio routing program like Soundflower. I have never tried this personally.
3. If you're happy to use Garageband's drum samples or samples from another AU, you can set Aerodrums in MIDI mode and have Garageband receive MIDI from Aerodrums.

Herrgausb

Post by Herrgausb » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:40 am

Hi Richard,

thanx a lot! It Works via Soundflower and configuring it in Audio/Midi-Setup.
I think, this is a very good way of getting the superb Aerodrum-Samples into Garageband .

Regards, Michael

Richard

Post by Richard » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:45 am

Good to hear that! Thanks for letting us know that the Soundflower option works well.

sandogeditor

Post by sandogeditor » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:59 pm

on the windows side of this, the soundflower equivalent is called rewire I think. is aerodrums rewire capable? if not could it be added as an update?

Richard

Post by Richard » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:22 pm

No, Aerodrums doesn't have ReWire support though it is something we could potentially add.

Do you only have convenience in mind or is there a particular use case that it enables that you can't achieve currently using Aerodrums' built-in recording/export WAV feature?

sandogeditor

Post by sandogeditor » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:18 am

It would be mostly a convenience/fun thing to try. I have not tried the recording to separate wave files yet. I'm sure that would work. I just thought it would be cool to have tracks running in my DAW (Ableton live 9) while playing and recording the drum track in real time. 8-)

eriklharper

Post by eriklharper » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:39 pm

If I understand this post correctly, it sounds like you want to record the built-in Aerodrums samples directly into GarageBand instead of recording inside Aerodrums and exporting the wave file afterwards. I'm interested in doing this same thing. I'm new to Soundflower. Could someone post a step-by-step tutorial of how to setup Soundflower to get Aerodrums sounds directly into GarageBand? Thanks!

Erik