Windows 10 Midi not routing correctly

bend72

Windows 10 Midi not routing correctly

Post by bend72 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:08 pm

HI,

I've spent the past 3 days trying to work out why Aerodrums no longer sends MIDI via loopBe1, it was working on first install but has since stopped after an audio drive crash and reset. I've tried a number of alternatives to loopBe1 none worked, so I decided to test the virtual midi connection using Kontakt 5. I was able to successfully route MIDI in and out using both loopMIDI and loopBe1. This confirmed that MIDI using these virtual devices was working and passing data. I've uninstalled and reinstalled virtual MIDI devices and Aerodrums a number of times with no success.

If I set the MIDI out in Aerodrums to MMSytem, Microsoft MIDI Mapper (Default) or MMSystem, Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth the the application successfully sends MIDI data to these two options but not to any other. I'm suspecting this is a Windows 10 issue with the way Aerodrums integrates with the windows MidiMap.dll but I've not been able to confirm this.

Have this issue been seen before and if so is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Richard

Re: Windows 10 Midi not routing correctly

Post by Richard » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:04 am

I seem to remember having a problem after some Windows 10 update. LoopBe1 stopped working so I re-installed it. In the Aerodrums MIDI screen, the old "MMSystem, LoopBe Internal MIDI" still appeared (and continued to not work) but the re-install added another option "MMSystem, 2- LoopBe Internal MIDI". This new option worked fine. Have you tried loopMIDI with Aerodrums? Any luck with that?

Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:56 am

Just to make sure you have seen that LoopBe1 has a sort of auto-panik funktion and will mute itself if there are too many trigger signals. This happened to me several times, just passing in front of the camera can trigger this. To verify look for the LoopBe1 icon in taskbar, click on it and make sure it's not muted

bend72

Post by bend72 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:24 pm

I've had some issues with the LoopBe1 Monitor application, it won't install properly and when it runs i get an error
"Device is not properly installed. Error Message: The data area passed to a system call is too small." I've not had any success trying to fix this issue however I know that the LoopBe1 internal midi port is open and working as I've been able to test it via other software means using some code to send midi notes to Addictive Drum's via the LoopBe1 midi port that successfully triggers a drum hit.

I've created a doc detailing all the troubleshooting I've done and will upload it in a later post.

I'm at the point where i'm going to uninstall LoopBe1 again, and Aerodrums do some manual cleaning of the registry and then do a controlled reinstall of Midi devices and the Aerodrums application.

I've got a lot of old RegKeys for Midi devices that are no longer in use and I've installed and reinstalled, loopbe1, loopMidi, and a few other utilities over the past few days that its' gotten quite messy.

bend72

Post by bend72 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:50 pm

Richard wrote:I seem to remember having a problem after some Windows 10 update. LoopBe1 stopped working so I re-installed it. In the Aerodrums MIDI screen, the old "MMSystem, LoopBe Internal MIDI" still appeared (and continued to not work) but the re-install added another option "MMSystem, 2- LoopBe Internal MIDI". This new option worked fine. Have you tried loopMIDI with Aerodrums? Any luck with that?
Hi Richard, I've done some extensive testing and tried a number of midi tools like LoopMidi, copperlan, and rtpMidi with no success getting Aerodrums back up and working with Midi Out.

I've created detailed report of what I've done maybe there is something in there that shines a light on the issue that I've missed. I can't upload it as an attachment as docx and pdfs are blocked...?

CaBleman

Post by CaBleman » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:10 pm

Richard, I was wondering why none if the actual MIDI Input ports registered and active on my machine are listed as MIDI send targets in the MIDI Setup of Aerodrums?
For work in DAW/further software instruments this is a must-have? Users could spare the loopMidi stuff when we had this available,no?
CHeers & kind regards,

CaB