Feature requests

vias

playlist

Post by vias » Fri May 08, 2015 11:53 am

drum put in the playlist mode and able to put songs in group rather than one at a time, and to put it into play shuffle or loop

slavedave

Re: Feature requests

Post by slavedave » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:36 am

I know it has been mentioned before about being able to "mask" out areas that are sensitive to light in the set up screen. I wanted to echo this request following a recent live playing experience where I was plagues by a couple of hotspots behind me that were static and it would have been good to have been able to remove them from the sensors recognition. Of course, I could have changed the orientation of my kit and set up on that occasion to eliminate the problem, but it arose gradually as the ambient light intensity in the room increased during the time I was there and the band was already distributed around the stage area.

Also, any updates on the IR option?

Thanks

Richard

Post by Richard » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:45 pm

We have a draft of the masking feature and hope to release it within the next month. It should help a lot with situations like the one you found yourself in.
Regarding IR, an improved camera is still part of our plans but we don't have anything to announce yet.

slavedave

Post by slavedave » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:04 am

Richard,
That is great. Thanks for the speedy reply.

Dave

aerodrummer

Post by aerodrummer » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:18 am

Some feature requests on the hardware side of things:
I had a thought today that the drumstick heads could be protected with a clear epoxy resin. This would allow the reflection to still work, but it would make them much tougher. Mine have hit each other a couple of times, giving them some flat areas. I think also that the elastic on the foot reflectors probably will have a short life. Webbing with a velcro closure would be an alternative for longevity.

nick

Post by nick » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:39 am

Hello,

I've been using aerodrums for a couple of weeks and this is really a great instrument. Congratulations for your work !

Since a PS eye is cheap, have you been thinking about using 2 cams in order to refine the 3D positioning of the markers ? This would improve the accuracy when playing on a large kit.

all the best

nickynoodles

Post by nickynoodles » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:49 am

More control over cymbal choke zones

Currently cymbal choke zones move on a fixed arc by adjusting the slider.
It would be good to be able to adjust the y-axis position of this arc using another slider to give complete flexibility.

(I suppose it may then be necessary to adjust the choke zones one by one or there would be too many sliders on screen, but that's no different to adjusting each drum separately).

nickynoodles

Post by nickynoodles » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:18 pm

MIDI & System Sounds Mode

The metronome and backing track playback, controllable with the sticks, is really useful. Unfortunately if you use Aerodums as a MIDI instrument you lose out on that.

It would be great have a mode where the metronome and backing track is played by Aerodrums, MIDI is sent, but no samples are played. A "MIDI and System Sounds" option in the MIDI menu.

Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:56 pm

Hello,
I've got my Aerodrums 8 months ago, and I'm even more than satisfied, but there's one thing I really hate. This are the several boxes indicating problems like light, tracking, etc., which are covering important elements behind them. I'm aware that this is necessary for users who are starting with Aerodrums, but for someone who has used it already for some time this is much to intrusive. Imagine the situation while you are moving elements or adjusting their sensitivity you get this preventing you to see what you are doing behind!
Like this, often I find me in the situation, where I have to finish what I'm doing before I can try to resolve the problem Aerodrums is signalling.
Couldn't you do some kind of expert-mode giving the possibility to disable all this messages. Or even better than disabling, add some more rectangles with other colour-codes beside the fp/s indicator to form a status bar on top of Aerodrums?

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:23 pm

Thanks very much for pointing this out Wolfgang. We're planning on reworking some of the interface here in the next few weeks so we will keep these issues in mind.