Feature requests

theorganist

Re: Feature requests

Post by theorganist » Wed May 31, 2017 6:23 pm

Is it doable, to be able to import wave files as well as MP3s?

Richard

Post by Richard » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:12 pm

Currently you can't add .wav files to your song playlist but it wouldn't be difficult to add. It's too late to be added to update 1.0.23 but I can make sure it's included in the release after that (version 1.0.24). Would it be useful to you in the future? If so, we will add it.

chegueparra

Post by chegueparra » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:51 am

Please organize the elements in the menu of editing of drums, I suggest that it be by elements ... it is very important to assemble the kits with ease ... if it were possible to put a sample of the sound of the element in that menu, it would be great. I love aerodrums but that detail to assemble the kits is messy. Thank you!

rmordente

Post by rmordente » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:35 pm

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing needed for it to be absolutely perfect is the upswing hit detection.
It's a bit frustrating to have unsolicited hits, L/R hand switches and weird misses whenever playing the snare along with a piece placed at "above-head" height.
I'm rooting for your guys to kill it :)

Cheers and thanks for the amazing product!

BenkeSmith

Post by BenkeSmith » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:50 am

It would be nice to start/stop the recording automatically when we play a song. :-)
Also exporting to .mp3 would be nice. :-)
(At the moment exported WAV files crash all players, already reported it in the support thread.)
Red warning text during screen recording should be smaller and should not cover the drum set.

The infrared sensor would be GREAT!!! :D

Thanks for your hard work!! :-)

guranbanan

Post by guranbanan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:53 am

I'm wishing for the ability to send left and right hands as separate midi notes for all drums. I have a custom made sample library that contains left right hands for all pieces and it's perfect for Aerodrums! :D I think Addictive Drums utilizes samples for both hands as well, so this should be a welcome addition for users of that.

Overall,I think it would be great if every aspect of Aerodrums internal output were reflected in the midi output, the cymbal choke for instance (or maybe it is already?)!

Thanks for a great product!

drumstr

Post by drumstr » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:22 pm

Some suggestion after trying out the 3D/VR mode.....the animation for the snare and kick drum after being hit move so much it can be jarring and immersion breaking. The toms movement should also be reduced some as well as hi hats are very loose. I know you made these animations overly dramatic to show what kit piece is struck, but im sure most of us as drummers would prefer a more realistic playing experience like an acoustic kit reacts. It would also be great if depth when playing could somehow be calculated (forward and back)as well as more range left and right as it feels very constraining playing in such a narrow area. This would make playing the kit more 1:1 to real acoustic so the drums and cymbals aren't overlapping and thus difficult to play if your an experienced drummer. Im guessing that comes down to limited hardware of the ps3 camera, but maybe a second camera to the side of the player could see depth in addition to the one in front? Thanks for all your hard work and its already amazing what you have already done!

Richard

Post by Richard » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:26 am

The animations were intended to be subtle enough to not be distracting. If you're running at a low frame rate it's possible that they appear exaggerated. We will consider adding an option to disable certain "unrealistic" animations in the next update but in the meantime, if you're familiar with specifying command line parameters to an application, Aerodrums 3D has an undocumented parameter that can be used to scale down the amount of movement in the animations. Just use the parameter "-hit" on the command line followed by a value between 0 and 1.

As for how well the sticks are tracked in 3D, both in terms of range and accuracy, you are correct that this is a limitation of the current hardware. Depth is calculated but it's not perfect and there are things that you can do to improve it such as using stick markers that are in good condition, setting the 'stick offset' correctly in Aerodrums 3D, being aware of the effect of different lighting conditions on tracking, etc. We plan to make a video to explain these things soon. When things are set up correctly it is possible to have tracking that corresponds very well to your movements and feels very good. Unfortunately there can be quite a lot of know-how required to reach this point.

eriklharper

Post by eriklharper » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:00 am

I would like to record some drum covers using the PSEye camera on my mac. Looks like the latest version (High Sierra 10.13.5 at the time of writing) doesn't work too well with the macam program which seems to be the only way to setup the camera to be used with something like QuickTime. Any plans to add support for capturing video through the camera? Any tips on how this might work outside of Aerodrums?

Thanks,
Erik

Richard

Post by Richard » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:42 am

If you're talking about using the PS Eye camera to capture video at the same time as it's used by Aerodrums, unfortunately this won't be possible since the camera is run in a very low resolution / low exposure / grayscale mode that would be unsuitable for making drum cover videos.