High Hat Pedal - Reaper / ML Drums

bastian

High Hat Pedal - Reaper / ML Drums

Post by bastian » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:29 pm

Hi,

I managed to map the entire midi the correct way and works fine. However, I don´t get the High Hat Pedal to work. I see it in Aerodrums moving but somehow I don´t get it to work in Reaper with ML Drums.
Reaper 2.png
Reaper 2.png (117.33 KiB) Viewed 2528 times
Reaper1.png
Reaper1.png (468.98 KiB) Viewed 2528 times
Any idea what I could try?

Thanks,
Bastian

Richard

Re: High Hat Pedal - Reaper / ML Drums

Post by Richard » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:14 am

There is something odd about your screenshot. With a hihat selected I would expect the Aerodrums interface to show MIDI CC settings but they're not there. Would you mind selecting the other hihat elements in the list on the right to see if the extra settings appear? If they do then click back on "13in hi-hats" to see if the settings remain or disappear. You can also try selecting "Hi-hat" from the list on the right to see if they appear.

If, for whatever reason (e.g. a bug in our software), Aerodrums isn't detecting the element as a hihat then it won't send the CC 4 data that ML Drums will be expecting. So I suspect that is the issue.

When diagnosing issues like this I find it useful to use the website https://www.midimonitor.com/ to inspect the MIDI data coming from Aerodrums. If Aerodrums is sending CC 4 data it should show up there while you're drumming.

Let me know if my suggestion makes a difference, thanks.

bastian

Post by bastian » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:24 am

Actually none of the Hi-Hats had this option. I thought from the screenshots I saw on Aerodrums that maybe they were from an old version. I will try installing and reinstalling the aerodrum software again. Or where might that issue come from that I don´t see the other options?

I will look in the midi monitor later too.

Richard

Post by Richard » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:34 am

I'm not sure at this point. I tried to reproduce the issue but wasn't able to. I also tried changing the language to German in case that made a difference but it didn't. If you don't make any progress let me know and I can look deeper into it.

bastian

Post by bastian » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:06 pm

I forgot to give some feedback. New installation of Aerodrums fixed the issue. :-)