No Sound for Streaming (OBS)

soulofbass

No Sound for Streaming (OBS)

Post by soulofbass » Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:13 pm

I wanted to stream my aerodrums using OBS but the sound from the application doesn't go through the OBS streaming platform. I don't know if there might be a simple fix to this or not. It seems like the Aerodrums application just takes over all the sound functions of my OS and nothing else can have access. It's kind of weird and unsettling too in a way. Just wondering what I might be able to do to livestream drumming with my new instrument.

Richard

Re: No Sound for Streaming (OBS)

Post by Richard » Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:10 pm

On Windows, that is correct. In the Aerodrums Latency screen, you can select an audio device. The recommended option is 'Exclusive WASAPI'. This will take full control over the sound device because this is necessary to achieve very low latency. The drawback is that other applications cannot output audio while Aerodrums is running.

If you change the option from 'Exclusive WASAPI' to 'Shared WASAPI' then OBS should work as expected. You might perceive a bit more latency while drumming though.

soulofbass

Re: No Sound for Streaming (OBS)

Post by soulofbass » Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:30 am

Yes, the solution does work. However, I did find that the option to choose Shared WASAPI was greyed out at one point though not really knowing why. Then at a later time it stopped being greyed out and I could select it. And the latency did not take a noticeable hit.