Aerodrums not responsive on a newer Macbook!

lennon81

Aerodrums not responsive on a newer Macbook!

Post by lennon81 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:08 pm

Hi all, I installed my aerodrums on my Early 2008 Macbook white (4 giga ram, 500g SSD)a couple of months ago with ANY problem. I bought a used late 2012 Macbook Pro retina (8 giga ram, 500g SSD) and then installed my aerodrums.

With my surprise it seemed to be not responsive at all. I tried to use it without wifi connection, there's no app running except Aerodrums, i tried to modify the latency buy i always had maximum 40/50 fps with the fps window most of the time on the red...how is it possible? Any suggestions?
I have Logic Pro X installed on it, should be some interference with it or its sounds library?

Thanks for who'll answer to this post...

Marco

Richard

Re: Aerodrums not responsive on a newer Macbook!

Post by Richard » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:07 am

Hi Marco, any luck with this? I replied to the message you sent us asking you to try the Cmd+G key combination on the drumming screen to see if that brings the FPS to 125. Having Logic Pro X installed shouldn't make any difference.

lennon81

Post by lennon81 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:54 pm

Richard wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:07 am
Hi Marco, any luck with this? I replied to the message you sent us asking you to try the Cmd+G key combination on the drumming screen to see if that brings the FPS to 125. Having Logic Pro X installed shouldn't make any difference.
I tried to put the entire Logic Pro X library on an external SSD, with now about 100 giga free on my macbook, and when I tried to open Aerodrums it worked!
I played with no WiFi and set on my Scarlet Solo Usb audio card the “Audio Latency” in the Latency section of the menu.
As result, even with the 2nd graphic mode it seemed to have no problems, with FPS window on green 125 (at least 80/90 FPS on red).
Is it possible that the Logic library could influence so much on it?
I still have to try with the library mounted by the external SSD..

Richard

Post by Richard » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:35 pm

Thanks for the update. I'm surprised that moving the Logic library is what made the difference. Not sure why that could be, unless perhaps you were running very low on disk space and freeing up that space made your computer perform better.

Sorry I didn't get what you meant when you said "(at least 80/90 FPS on red)" but if you have it in a state where the performance indicator is more or less green all the time then it sounds like it's working well now.