PROBLEMS WITH AERODRUMS AND SUPERIOR DRUMMER 3's CYMBALS

FRANDIROMA

PROBLEMS WITH AERODRUMS AND SUPERIOR DRUMMER 3's CYMBALS

Post by FRANDIROMA » Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:22 am

Hi aerodrummers!

I have a problem with Superior Drummer 3's cymbals. Instead kick, snare and toms sound good.

Via aerodrums cymbals sound low and distorted.

If i play them directly on SD3 (with mouse) sound good.

I’m with Windows 11 on Lenovo workstation and Behringer U-phoria UMC 202HD. And, except for this problem, everything works very very well!!!

I'm using Superior Drummer 2 Midi map. That seems good.

Regards and happy new year!

Richard

Re: PROBLEMS WITH AERODRUMS AND SUPERIOR DRUMMER 3's CYMBALS

Post by Richard » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:31 am

Cymbal samples tend to be far longer than drum samples so that might be a clue...

It's possible that too many cymbal hits are trying to play at once resulting in too much processing and therefore distortion - whereas when clicking on cymbals in the SD3 interface it's only playing one sample so has no issue.

Do you also have the problem with closed hi-hats? I suspect you wouldn't since those samples will be short in duration.

You could check if this explains the issue by trying the following:
- Set yourself up so you can reproduce your issue with SD3 by hitting a particular cymbal
- In Aerodrums, enter the drumming screen menu and go to Adjust drums -> MIDI
- Then increase the unintended note filtering setting for the cymbal and test again to see if you still have the problem.

That note filter setting will prevent sending MIDI notes to SD3 when the hit strength is below some threshold - so it basically sends less notes to SD3.

If this does seem like it explains the issue then one option would be to increase the note filter settings for all your kit pieces. Another possible option is to play with the settings in SD3. There may be settings related to how many sounds can play at once.

FRANDIROMA

Re: PROBLEMS WITH AERODRUMS AND SUPERIOR DRUMMER 3's CYMBALS

Post by FRANDIROMA » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:22 pm

Hi Richard and thank you for the fast reply.

I’ve just solved.

Looking at the SD3’ mixer i saw that in OH channels by default the microphone routing is not done.

I did it for every cymbals. That now sound loud and clear.

Happy new year!