Frame drop and crash after minutes of playing

peteramour

Frame drop and crash after minutes of playing

Post by peteramour » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:08 pm

Hello,

I bought a new computer, MSI Raider Ge77 HX (i7 12800hx, 32gb ram, nvidia rtx 2070ti).

Unfortunately despite all the high end specs, i am having trouble with aerodrums.
Everything runs ok for some minutes (it varies, very randomly), then all of a sudden I have a frame drop to 9 fps and it stops working, it stops sending midi out to my sampler (ezdrummer 3), and the camera and ball tracking stutters, even after going to 125fps. I have to restart the program and then the problem after a minute or so of playing starts again.

The problem persists with both my external soundcard with asio drivers and with internal soundcard with asio4all.

I really dont know whats going on... It justs suddenly stops working...

The only thing I notice in performance monitor of windows task manager is a gpu dip to 0% when the problem occurs, but instantly goes up to the previous levels.

Everything is up to date, graphic drivers, i already forced the nvidia card for aerodrums in nvidia control panel 3d settings and even forced "no vsync".
Could it be something related to the usb power of the usb port? Also tried in different usb ports but the problem persisted.
Also reinstalled the camera driver as recommended in the interactive troubleshoot.

Running out of ideas.

I could probably do a video of the problem happening and share it if necessary.

For now is just unusable, so any help would be great.

Thanks

Richard

Re: Frame drop and crash after minutes of playing

Post by Richard » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:57 pm

I'm wondering if this only happens in MIDI mode. Could you try to disable MIDI from the Aerodrums MIDI screen by selecting the "No MIDI" option and see if the problem still occurs?

If it seems like the problem only occurs with MIDI could you try to change the value of the "Use the MIDI note scheduler?" option, restart both EZDrummer 3 and Aerodrums and see if the problem still occurs.

peteramour

Post by peteramour » Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:06 pm

Hello,
thank you for the reply.
I think your suggestions just solved my problem.

I have been trying out those suggestions, and the crashes are gone now.

I tried first with "no midi" , played for 20 minutes, it was stable and no crashes.

Then I tried with midi on and with "Use midi note scheduler?" to "NO", restarted, openned both Ezdrummer and Aerodrums and played for 20 / 30 minutes with no issues at all.

I´ll return to this thread if something unusual happens.

Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction.

Richard

Post by Richard » Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:59 pm

Good to hear that and thanks for letting us know the suggestions worked.