Windows 11 headphones don’t work

EdCarter

Windows 11 headphones don’t work

Post by EdCarter » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:25 pm

Hi all

Bought a new pc to run aero drums today. Installation was fine everything is working except aerodrums will not play through headphones. Headphones plugged in but the sound comes out of the speakers. Really want the headphones working any ideas? Does anybody else have the same issue?

On another note why does the preset drum kits want to put the snare where I’m sitting. Why is the kit so low. I have to hit near my knee for the menu button. Is this normal?

Cheers all

Ed

Richard

Re: Windows 11 headphones don’t work

Post by Richard » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:01 pm

Hi, the headphones issue might be due to your speakers being set as the default audio device in Windows. Could you try change this as follows:
- right-click on the volume control icon on the taskbar and select 'Sounds'
- click on the 'Playback' tab
- right-click on 'Headphones' and choose 'Set as default device'
- click 'Ok', re-run Aerodrums and see if that fixes it

Regarding the drum placements, the presets might not suit you if you're taller or shorter than average, for example. What I recommend is to customize the placement of the drum pieces in the preset kits. You can do this as follows:
- from the main menu, click Drum kits and select the preset Drum kit you would like to customize
- click the Clone button, change the kit's name if you wish and click Ok
- now go to the Drumming screen and enter the Menu
- navigate to "Drum kits" -> "Adjust drums" -> "Place all drums"
- you will then be prompted to hit the air for each drum and cymbal to set its new position, and to tap your foot to position each pedal

If you follow this you should find it a lot easier to hit the drums as intended.

Keep in mind also that it's important to be accurate when following the instructions to position the camera with respect to your seat, especially for the preset drum kits to behave well.

As for the menu button, it is intentionally placed in a difficult to reach position so that you don't accidentally trigger it while drumming.

EdCarter

Post by EdCarter » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:01 pm

Thanks for the reply Richard.

Got the headphones working but I have to plug them in before I launch the program. If I unplug them whilst playing the sound doesn’t come out of the speakers until I relaunch aerodrums. Maybe a small glitch in the program.

I also made my own kit and the placements are great now. Once you understand the boundaries of the camera. Personally I expected a bit more room and more height than what is available. However once I got used to it and don’t arc my playing and make smaller movements it works very well. I’m more than happy with my purchase. Just need to do a little research and understand the product to get the most out of it. I’m really enjoying it. Been without drums of any variety for over 10 years. For me it’s the perfect solution.

Can appreciate your thinking on the menu button. Makes sense. It would be amazing to have a start/stop/loop function and a time marker on the main screen.

Richard

Post by Richard » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:34 am

Good to hear that it's working. Currently we enumerate the available audio devices at start up - we don't have support for "hot plugging" so adding/removing devices while the program is running won't behave correctly. We will look into this further. Thanks for the good suggestions and let me know if you have any other questions or issues.