Can't wait for Yann... Someone help or I'm returning these today

Drummerkevin

Can't wait for Yann... Someone help or I'm returning these today

Post by Drummerkevin » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:25 pm

I appreciate that Yann has reached out to me and is wanting to help but the problem is I believe he is in the UK so when I'm awake he's asleep and vice versa....I don't know, not sure the time difference. I need help on this and I need help now.

Supposedly when my headphones are plugged in I should have the option to choose Shared WASAPI. When I touch the question mark it then tells me how to change the settings on my laptop. Supposedly I should be able to select the format with 44100hz rate. I'm not seeing this option at all. As you can see by my picture it's giving me the option of ONLY
48000 hz...16 bit or 24 bit. This laptop is not even a month old so I don't know if it's aerodrums that hasn't caught up with new technology yet or?

Any help would be great so I don't have to send these back.
Attachments
PXL_20210328_211552544_11.jpg
PXL_20210328_211552544_11.jpg (116.39 KiB) Viewed 6505 times

Drummerkevin

Re: Can't wait for Yann... Someone help or I'm returning these today

Post by Drummerkevin » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:12 pm

Well on my own I was able to figure out that I might possibly need asio4all. Downloaded that, figured out how I can connect to my headphones (for lack of a better word) and I've tweaked every setting that I possibly can in aerodrums latency tab and still no go.

Drummerkevin

Post by Drummerkevin » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:49 am

SUCCESS! So between downloading asio4all and plugging my external USB sound card in I was able to get things working through my headphones without significant latency. At least to the extent at least to the best situation possible I believe.

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:10 am

Hello, I am sorry about the delay supporting you over email.

It is great that you have been able to use your external sound card.

I have sent you a new email addressing other points you have raised elewhere.

Unfortunately we are starting to see more laptops that don't offer the 44100Hz sampling rate. This is a case of manufacturers cutting corners, since the vast majority of laptops have been offering it, along with a dozen other modes, including 96000Hz. (441000Hz is the audio CD standard, so not something you'd think serious manufacturers would skimp on).