Sound to a mixer?

Drummerkevin

Sound to a mixer?

Post by Drummerkevin » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:47 pm

I am trying to figure out sound issues and being able to use headphones. Lot of things going on but I'm wondering if anyone has had any success using a USB sound card (turtle Beach, etc) with their computer and directing the drum sounds to a mixer? Then someone being able to plug their headphones into the mixer and also be able to input a music source to play along to using Aerodrums?

Drummerkevin

Re: Sound to a mixer?

Post by Drummerkevin » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:25 pm

Never mind. I tried this and it doesn't work. Same problems as when using headphones.

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:09 am

Hello, I am sorry about the delay supporting you over email. I have sent you a new email.

For the record, it is possible to route the Aerodrums audio via a mixer, like with any audio program running on a computer.

Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:45 pm

I’ve never used Aerodrums without an external sound-card. First, if you want to use Aerodrums for playing with others for doing rehearsals or even concerts you need one! The mini-jack connector of your computer isn’t a reliable connection in a (semi) professional environment. You need at least a sound-card with RCA-, or better Jack- or XLR connectors. And forget adapters.

Second, never buy a sound-card which doesn’t comes with it’s own ASIO driver or just with ASIO4all! ASIO4all isn’t really an ASIO driver, it’s just a WDM to ASIO wrapper which can help you to get ASIO functionality with your internal sound-card. Don’t use it if there is an official driver for your sound-card.

Even if some DAWs are integrating WASAPI now, the standard with Windows is still ASIO!
Drummerkevin wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:47 pm
. . . directing the drum sounds to a mixer? Then someone being able to plug their headphones into the mixer and also be able to input a music source to play along to using Aerodrums?
You don’t need a mixer if you want to use headphones. Every external sound-card I know has headphone jacks. I use the DAW Reaper as a virtual mixer. With ReaRoute as an ASIO driver I can get the Aerodrums sounds onto a track in Reaper. Or I’m using MIDI with LoopBe for my drum VSTIs.