Black background while camera setup (win10)

Tonirocker

Black background while camera setup (win10)

Post by Tonirocker » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:53 pm

Hey guys,

i am a real fan of aerodrums :D
It worked very fine with my old specs. No problems, no latency and I was starting getting into it.

After I bought a new computer (win10, 64bit, AMD Phenom II X4 955, nvidea geforce gtx 465, 8gb ram) the camera is not working. When i am asked to tilt the camera, there is only a black background. I reinstalled aerodrums, the camera drivers and I did all the stuff that the website told me to do. Nothing worked.

Is there anything else I can do to make the camera work?
I would love to rock again :D

Greets from Germany

Richard

Re: Black background while camera setup (win10)

Post by Richard » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:11 pm

Hi, are the drum sticks still be being tracked ok if you proceed to the drumming screen? Or does it seem like the camera isn't working at all?

The only purpose of that screen you mention is to help you position the camera correctly relative to your seat so strictly speaking it can be skipped and you can fix the orientation of the camera if needed from the drumming screen.

One way to do this would be place your drum sticks on your seat such that the balls at the tips of the sticks are positioned where the snare would be. Then pan+tilt the camera so that the markers appear over the snare drum icon on the drumming screen.

Regarding the black background problem itself, this issue was reported to us by a couple of other users in the past and I believe they could fix it by plugging the camera directly into a USB port on their computer instead of going through an external USB hub.

Tonirocker

Post by Tonirocker » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:48 pm

Thanks for the fast answer :D
The program accepts the camera. When I go to the camera setup, there is the shape of the drummer but only a black background. When I skip the setup i can´t see myself and the reflectors don´t get tracked. The camera is plugged direct in a USB port. No hub.

Is there another possibility?

Richard

Post by Richard » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:39 pm

It looks like you're using a desktop computer, right? I talked to my colleague about this.....he said there was one user who had an issue when plugging the camera straight into his desktop computer (as opposed to via a hub). The solution in that case was to plug the camera straight into a USB plug on the motherboard instead of on the front panel of his computer. So I would suggest trying to plug the camera into the other USB plugs on your computer to see if it makes a difference.

He also suggested blowing hard into the camera's USB plug in case it has trapped dust.

Tonirocker

Post by Tonirocker » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:05 am

Yes I am using a desktop PC. I tried out every USB port of the computer. Unfortunately no result. Still no picture of the room.

Tonirocker

Post by Tonirocker » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:14 am

Here are some pictures of the problem
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2021-01-23 at 09.10.28.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-01-23 at 09.10.28.jpeg (195.42 KiB) Viewed 9467 times
WhatsApp Image 2021-01-23 at 09.10.07.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-01-23 at 09.10.07.jpeg (217.82 KiB) Viewed 9467 times

Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:15 am

I remember having seen this several times, but each time provoked by myself. It was always after having done non recommendable actions, like to run 2 usb sound-cards and other things together with the camera, or using usb hubs. And simply plugging the camera into another port hasn’t helped every time. But the only thing I remember I’ve done more was to restart my computer for each new usb port I was trying and with nothing else hooked up. But no idea if this could help you in your situation.

Do you still have your old computer with Aerodrums? You could check if the camera is still working, just to be sure, but I don’t think it is the camera.

Tonirocker

Post by Tonirocker » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:17 am

Hey, thanks for your answers.
The camera works fine. On my laptop Aerodrums works like it should. I am using a Behringer audio interface, could this be a problem?

I will try out to unplug all the stuff. And restart the PC after trying out a new Port.

I'll report later
:D

Tonirocker

Post by Tonirocker » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:45 pm

Okay i tried it out and it worked. Something seems to make Problems. When i started the PC without anything plugged in, it worked.

I think one of my usb devices is not working with the camera. I hope I figur Out which one it is.

Thanks for your help everybody :D