Very Big audio problems

venedrum

Very Big audio problems

Post by venedrum » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:43 am

Hi, first post here, nice to meet you all.
I've got a big problem while using Aerodrums.
When I upload songs on program, the kit goes off.
Plus, when I try to play a song from Spotify or a normal player such as VLC or iTunes (even from YouTube), they won't start because seems like Aerodrums takes posses (: lol:) of my Audio Interface. I'm pretty sure about that because when I close the program everything works out and every sound comes back.
Any suggest?

PC SPECS:
Win10 PRO
AMD 3900x
RAM 16gb 3600mHz
NVIDIA GTX 1050ti

Richard

Re: Very Big audio problems

Post by Richard » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:10 am

Hi, welcome to the forums!

Regarding uploading songs not working, is it possible that you're using an "N" edition of Windows? (see here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=35388#p42372)
If not, can you explain what you mean when you say the "kit goes off"?
Do the songs play on the screen reached by going to the main menu and press the Playlist button?

Regarding playing music from other software, what you say is correct if you have Aerodrums set to use the Exclusive WASAPI audio device. This is the setting we recommend because it gives the lowest audio latency but the downside is that Aerodrums takes exclusive control over the audio device, thereby preventing other software such as Spotify or VLC from outputting any audio. If you want to prevent this you can set Aerodrums to use Shared WASAPI instead. This will allow other software to use the sound card but will incur some additional audio latency.