Aerodrums 3D VR Oculus Rift Stuck at 50%

peteramour

Aerodrums 3D VR Oculus Rift Stuck at 50%

Post by peteramour » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:47 pm

Hello,
I am trying to connect Oculus Rift DK2 (Development Kit 2) to Aerodrums 3D and it gets stuck at 50% loading.

The Oculus work in other apps, and Aerodrums 3D run if Oculus are not connected.

Here are some screenshots:
001.JPG
001.JPG (97.82 KiB) Viewed 5673 times
002.JPG
002.JPG (68.91 KiB) Viewed 5673 times
I have tryed this kit in another computer with Aerodrums 3D, a year ago and it worked, but now that I have a computer capable of running VR stuff it is not working.

Any ideas? Is there a debug mode so we can figure out in which part it is getting stuck and why?
Could it be to incompatibility with newer versions since this Oculus is a bit outdated? Can I download previous versions of both Aerodrums 3D and Oculus Software to see if it works?

Thank you in advance, you have been always very helpful.

Richard

Re: Aerodrums 3D VR Oculus Rift Stuck at 50%

Post by Richard » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:25 am

Hi, I hope I'm not wrong about this but I think what's happening is this...

The Oculus Rift has a sensor that detects when it is being worn. If it's not being worn then it doesn't render any graphics. Aerodrums 3D needs to render some graphics before the scene is fully loaded. Therefore if the Oculus headset isn't being worn then it can't do this and the progress bar will be stuck at 50%.

Do you think this could be the problem? Could you try it again and if it gets stuck at 50%, either cover the proximity sensor inside the headset with your finger or put on the headset and see if that fixes it.

peteramour

Post by peteramour » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:34 pm

No luck, I did tryed that before and tryed again after your reccomendation.
As far as I know the kit that I have at my disposal "DK2" (Development Kit 2) doesn´t have proximity sensor,
Maybe Aerodrums 3D is waiting for response of that sensor and doesn´t respond.
Is there a way to disable that need?
Or what else can I do fo this to work?

Richard

Post by Richard » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:41 pm

I'm sorry, I don't really have any other ideas. We don't have a DK2 that we can test with so it's not possible for us to debug this directly. We're definitely not querying the state of the proximity sensor at any point. Aerodrums 3D uses the Unity3D engine so I don't know what that's doing under the hood. I tried to do some research but it wasn't clear if the version of Unity we're using had support for the DK2. Some comments I read suggested using a specific version of the Oculus Runtime drivers but it wasn't clear to me that that would help.

I would be surprised if it makes a difference but I would check that the allow 'Unknown Sources' setting is enabled (see https://support.oculus.com/632287656943461/)
You could also try running Aerodrums 3D with the command-line option '-cam' to see if it makes any difference (this option will display a different view of the scene on your monitor).