Old iMac latency

Aerojeff

Old iMac latency

Post by Aerojeff » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:40 pm

I am running an old iMac 2008 with SnowLeopard because I have to use a certain Pro Tools version. I realize this is a poor start for Aerodrums but it is working. If i dont run other programs and use graphics 2 or 3 mode i can get green box but not all the time. I cant figure out how to turn off vsync, if that would help... i have done the other troubleshooting steps. Also, I try the beta 3d but when it tries to launch it fails and I have tried to reload and redownload the dmg. Any help would be great as my goal is to run AD and Pro Tools 10 at same time reliably...

Richard

Re: Old iMac latency

Post by Richard » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:14 pm

If the performance indicator is green any of the time then disabling vsync won't help (disabling vsync will only help in cases where the frame rate is stuck at the monitor refresh rate).

Have you tried Graphics Mode #4? This mode disables graphics entirely so it should perform the best.

Regarding Aerodrums 3D, if you have an Android/iOS phone or tablet you could try install it from the Google Play Store/Apple App Store and run it on that device. In this case it will communicate over WiFi with Aerodrums running on your iMac and the performance on your iMac should be the same as if you were using Graphics Mode #4.

Aerojeff

Re: Old iMac latency

Post by Aerojeff » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:24 pm

Ok, those ideas did help.