Error: "Camera Not Found" on MacBook Air

ARRII

Error: "Camera Not Found" on MacBook Air

Post by ARRII » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:22 am

Getting error message: "Camera not found. Please exit Aerodrums, plug the camera and launch Aerodrums again if you wish to drum".

I've tried this several times along with re-installing, but still doesn't work. I'm using the camera that came with the Aerodrums set. The "Drums" and the "Setup" button are both greyed out, so not an option.

Thanks for your help.

Richard

Re: Error: "Camera Not Found" on MacBook Air

Post by Richard » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:11 am

We are aware of one customer who had issues with the camera on a MacBook that only had USB-C ports. He solved it by changing the USB-A to USB-C adapter he was using.

Could you tell me what model of Mac you are using and whether or not it only has USB-C ports?

Also, if you are connecting through a USB hub can you try plugging the camera directly into your computer?

ARRII

Post by ARRII » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:33 pm

Thanks for the quick response. I’m using a 2017 MacBook Air with a traditional USB-A port and plugging directly into the laptop.

Richard

Post by Richard » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:22 pm

I assume you have tried all the USB ports on your laptop and got the same result each time?

Do you have access to another Mac or Windows laptop that you could install and run Aerodrums on? If the camera doesn't work on another computer then the camera itself must be faulty.