[solved] Led/light problems

saih_tam

[solved] Led/light problems

Post by saih_tam » Wed May 10, 2023 12:16 pm

Hi everyone.

I'm sorry for my bad English.

My Aerodrums was working fine (with some latency troubles) in a room. I'm trying to fix the latency problems in exactly the same room and I can't get a light configuration that works. I think my Aerodrums-light is damaged or faulty.

Here is an Aerodrums-light find with google image : Image

Here is mine (I think I’m missing a black ring around the lens but I don't know why) : Image

Here is a picture "inside" my Aerodrums-light (where we can see anormal reflects) : Image

Here is a screenshot of "the room with Aerodrums-light on" : Image

To compare, here is a screenshot of "the room with Aerodrums-light off" : Image

Any idea ?
Am I missing a black ring around the lens ?
Could someone show me a picture of his functional Aerodrums-light to compare with mine ?
Last edited by saih_tam on Thu May 11, 2023 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Richard

Re: Led/light problems

Post by Richard » Wed May 10, 2023 3:04 pm

It looks like the lens on the lamp has gotten dislodged.

You should be able to fix it as follows:

Remove the lamp from the camera and place it flat on its back on a table. (The black plastic part should be in contact with the table, not the LED ring.)

Then, with a piece of cloth or tissue over your thumb (to keep the lens clean), press very hard with your thumb straight down the middle of the lens towards the table.

The lens should slot into place and you should no longer see the ring of red that you showed in your screenshot.

saih_tam

Re: Led/light problems

Post by saih_tam » Thu May 11, 2023 9:34 am

Many thanks Richard. You were right.

Now, I also know how to safely and completely remove the lens to clean the "inner part" and put it back in position.

lennon81

Re: [solved] Led/light problems

Post by lennon81 » Mon May 22, 2023 3:27 pm

i had the same problem, to clean che inner part i sometimes use the same product i use for my glasses :)