.aer files can't be launched on Mac

BuenasNoStix

.aer files can't be launched on Mac

Post by BuenasNoStix » Sun May 07, 2017 12:03 pm

I've associated .aer files on my Mac with Aered by doing a "Change all" in a get info box. But when I launch a .aer file, Aered launches with the message, "The document 'MyDocument.aer' could not be opened. Aered cannot open files of this type." I can't seem to fix this. Can it be fixed?

Richard

Re: .aer files can't be launched on Mac

Post by Richard » Tue May 09, 2017 12:44 am

This is an issue with the current Mac version. You can't open .aer files by clicking on them or by dragging and dropping them into Aered.
The only way to open them is to use the "Open file" button within Aered or by specifying a .aer file as a command-line parameter to Aered.
This should be easy to fix...I will have a look at it later this week.

Richard

Post by Richard » Wed May 10, 2017 11:05 am

If you re-install Aered this issue should now be fixed.
You will be able to double-click a .aer file to open it in Aered or drag a .aer file onto the Aered app icon to launch it.
Dragging and dropping .aer files into the Aered window isn't supported yet.

We also fixed a bug in the Mac version where the Ctrl and Cmd keys were mixed up.
If you select and copy notes in the editor pane, holding the Cmd key will now show a preview of what the notation will look like if you paste the notes at the current cursor position by pressing 'V' (with Cmd still pressed). This is very useful when copying and pasting.

BuenasNoStix

Post by BuenasNoStix » Wed May 10, 2017 12:11 pm

Yes, it works, thanks.

Izak80

Post by Izak80 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:45 pm

Richard wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 11:05 am
If you re-install Aered this issue should now be fixed.
You will be able to double-click a .aer file to open it in Aered or drag a .aer file onto the Aered app icon to launch it.
Dragging and dropping .aer files into the Aered window isn't supported yet.

We also fixed a bug in the Mac version where the Ctrl and Cmd keys were mixed up.
If you select and copy notes in the editor pane, holding the Cmd key will now show a preview of what the notation will look like if you paste the notes at the current cursor position by pressing 'V' (with Cmd still pressed). This is very useful when copying and pasting.
This is still an issue atleast on MacOS Monterrey. I just downloaded Aered but can't open separate files by just clicking on them, i need to start Aered and search for the file through the program. Is there a way to solve this?

Izak80

Post by Izak80 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:04 pm

Richard wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 12:44 am
This is an issue with the current Mac version. You can't open .aer files by clicking on them or by dragging and dropping them into Aered.
The only way to open them is to use the "Open file" button within Aered or by specifying a .aer file as a command-line parameter to Aered.
This should be easy to fix...I will have a look at it later this week.
I'm on Mac OS Monterrey and this is still a problem. The only way i can open ".aer files" is through the program itself. If i click on a file directly (not through the program) i get the message that: "The document 'MyDocument.aer' could not be opened. Aered cannot open files of this type." Is there a way to fix this?

Richard

Post by Richard » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:48 pm

Dragging and dropping .aer files onto the Aered window is now supported.

However, the association between .aer files and the Aered application is not set up automatically. You may be able to fix this by manually associating .aer files with Aered as explained here:
https://support.apple.com/en-sa/guide/m ... h35597/mac

Izak80

Post by Izak80 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:24 am

Richard wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:48 pm
Dragging and dropping .aer files onto the Aered window is now supported.

However, the association between .aer files and the Aered application is not set up automatically. You may be able to fix this by manually associating .aer files with Aered as explained here:
https://support.apple.com/en-sa/guide/m ... h35597/mac
To "Permanently change the app used to open a file" doesn't seem to work unfortunately. I get the message that "An unexpected error ocurred (error code - 10813)".