Mac version released

Richard

Mac version released

Post by Richard » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:21 pm

We're happy to announce that the Mac version of Aered was released today. It is available for download at: http://aerodrums.com/get-aered/
We plan to release frequent updates to Aered during 2015 with many new features coming soon.
If you like it please help us spread the word with your fellow drummers and post on the forums to let us know which features are most important to you.
Thanks!

Bernie Williams

Re: Mac version released

Post by Bernie Williams » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:28 am

Hi Yann & Co!

Super product, thank you.

Very easy to learn to use!

I am tabbing music for a bateria (Brazilian samba drumming band). My problem is that the snare (caixa) track is so lound that the other instruments (surdo and tamborim) are inaudible.
Separate volume controls for each instrument would be great. Also, the overall volume is very low. (Using on a MacBook Pro).

Also, the ability to copy and past groups of bars (not just contents of one bar) would be great.

On Friday I will be demonstrating the product to our (still relatively small) band - I hope that some of them will purchase this great app!

Bernie
Brisbane, Australia

Richard

Re: Mac version released

Post by Richard » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:37 pm

Hi Bernie, thanks for the kind words.

I agree - more control over the individual instrument volumes would be useful. I assume you have specified your own .wavs for the surdo and tamborim? If this is the case you can probably work around the problem by amplifying the wav files using a program like Audacity so that have the desired volume relative to the snare.

Surprised to hear the overall volume is low. Are you sure the drum samples volume slider in the audio preferences screen is set appropriately? (The default value is 70%)

Again, ability to copy/paste multiple bars at a time in the layout pane would be useful. For now, you may find it helps to select the notes from the bars you want to copy in the editor pane in one go, create a sufficient number of empty bars by pressing 'i' and then pasting the notes into the empty bars.