Will This Work For Amputee?

Amptrooper

Will This Work For Amputee?

Post by Amptrooper » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:07 am

Hello, I lost my right leg in a motorcycle accident. I play drums using my left leg for the bass drum and I just lock the hi hat closed loosely. I invented a glove when I was playing an electric kit that allowed me to open and close the hats. Now I have an acoustic drum set so I am looking into the Aerodrums so that I can practice any time. So, is there a way to change the setting for the reflectors so thst I can assign the bass drum to my left leg and the hats to my right?
Thanks!

Richard

Re: Will This Work For Amputee?

Post by Richard » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:19 pm

Hi, Aerodrums allows you to position the drums and pedals wherever you want them. It makes no distinction between left and right handed setups. In your case it will work fine to position everything as you would on a normal kit and then swap the location of the kick drum pedal and the hihat pedal. There is also a hihat drop clutch feature that will allow you to set the degree of openness of the hihat when not engaged using your foot.

Amptrooper

Post by Amptrooper » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:56 pm

That's great! Thanks for the info. I will go ahead and buy it then!

Richard

Post by Richard » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:16 pm

Ok great, let us know if you have any problems setting it up the way you have in mind. We'll be happy to help.

Cyscrofer

Post by Cyscrofer » Mon May 30, 2022 10:17 pm

Hi.
Snap.
I too lost my right leg above knee with 90% nerve damage below my waist.

OK instead of locking the hihat...
Heel the hihat and toe the bass drum.
Works for me.

I'm working on a circuit to give ne a right leg kick but so far got a double kick on a pneumatic pad....press and kick lift and kick....not what I want but may help someone out there.
If you want the cir unit pm me.

If anyone has a circuit diagram that can trigger a drum on demand I'm interested.

Thanks