Aerodrums 2

LimeyGeek

Re: Aerodrums 2

Post by LimeyGeek » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:11 am

I was getting the "too many attempts" error too. What eventually worked for me was picking the "Shop" checkout option. Once I created an account that way, the payment went through. Don't know if this will work for anyone else, but that's what worked for me :)

Richard

Post by Richard » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:43 pm

Sorry again for the inconvenience caused by the reservation payment / Shopify issue.

It's still possible to reserve. The link below will work and you should no longer get an error when trying to pay:

https://aerodrums-3844.myshopify.com/ca ... buy_button

Tuxosaurus

Post by Tuxosaurus » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:43 pm

Richard wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:43 pm
Sorry again for the inconvenience caused by the reservation payment / Shopify issue.

It's still possible to reserve. The link below will work and you should no longer get an error when trying to pay:

https://aerodrums-3844.myshopify.com/ca ... buy_button
Thanks, it did work!

rpnfan

Post by rpnfan » Tue May 09, 2023 8:10 pm

Very unprofessional and indeed seems to be a scam, when e-mails are sent when no price is given, but one is asked to "pay" to preregister for "the best price possible" which is not stated. Here in the forum I found a link to a page with a price of 600 Euro and an introduction price of 450 Euro (plus 10 to be able to get the price, haha).

Everything gets more expensive, but my salary has not tripled the last years, but the Aerodrums price does!? Serious?

Sure, it is an updated technology which will be nicer for sure -- when it works like advertised, which I hope/ think will be the case. But the price is ridiculous. 300 Euro would already be a huge price jump, but would somehow be reasonable, but surely not 600 Euros.

We (I and my son) are out. :-(

Richard

Post by Richard » Wed May 10, 2023 4:58 pm

We have not increased the price of Aerodrums. We are introducing a new product, Aerodrums 2, that replaces the user-supplied computer and comparatively cheap camera used by Aerodrums with our own hardware. This hardware is very expensive to manufacture and will have computing power similar to what you get in a modern smartphone.

We have been developing Aerodrums 2 for many years and it will be better in nearly every way. There is no scam here. As stated on the reservation page, the $10 you can choose to pay is refundable if you decide not to back our Kickstarter campaign. Also, the €450 price you quoted is incorrect. It is $449 or approximately €410.

InTheWorks

Post by InTheWorks » Sat May 27, 2023 4:12 pm

I've been waiting to see this for a few years now. How come I had to find out about it from a forum I rarely visit?

There are very little details about this. I see in some pics he is playing in front of a window! Do you have details on the camera to share? How much power does it consume? What is the power source?

If I want one, what exactly do I need to do?

Richard

Post by Richard » Sat May 27, 2023 5:06 pm

I'm sorry about that - if you are on our mailing list or following our social media you should have heard about it.

We will launch on kickstarter.com this Tuesday so a lot more information will be available then.

Yes, Aerodrums 2 will allow playing in daylight. The camera is an infrared global shutter CMOS with 920x720 resolution, running at 132 frames per second. It won't have internal batteries. It will have a mains power adapter.

I suggest signing up to be notified of when project goes live from the link below. You will be able to pay at that point. We plan to ship towards the end of the year.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ae ... -the-stage

InTheWorks

Post by InTheWorks » Sun May 28, 2023 4:08 pm

Aerodrums 2 comes with an interactive app for your mobile, tablet, PC or VR headset, but it is not required to play.
There's not a lot of info yet, but I saw the above and it has me worried for 2 reasons:

1. I use degoogled android on my phone/tablet. Will your app work for me and how do I get it?

2. the word PC is mentioned. Will the app work with Linux?

An app may not be required to play (which is fantastic), but it's surely necessary to place drums, load samples, etc.

Can you expand on how that's all going to work?

Richard

Post by Richard » Mon May 29, 2023 12:05 am

You're correct - running the app will be necessary to access most of the features of Aerodrums 2 so it isn't really an option to forgo access to the app.

We can definitely make the .apk file available to download so you can install it on your phone yourself. And we would be happy to make a Linux build of the app if you need it - the app is built using the Unity engine so this would be very easy for us to do.

InTheWorks

Post by InTheWorks » Mon May 29, 2023 12:37 am

That's great to hear Richard.

The only reservation I have regarding the android app is if it requires google frameworks. Degoogled means no google services (ie. no firebase). I hope the android app will still work.

I'm excited about Aerodrums 2. The mains connection is the only drawback I can see so far, but I'm sure it can be easily powered from a battery pack of some type.

Does Aerodrums 2 have any midi input capability?

It would be really nice if I could connect some pedals. What I imagine is that in this 'mode' the markers are ignored when in the 'pedal' area and the hihat or bass drum pedals are used instead (via ble or usb midi perhaps?). The markers could still be used for aux pedals, but it would be nice to have real pedals (and their springs) to play on.