Never have I been this frustratet in my live

ludwig

Never have I been this frustratet in my live

Post by ludwig » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:02 am

I spend the day trying to set up the Aerodrums I put them back in to the box
and I am ready to send them back .

And then again ,the dream to be able to play drums again in my small studio set up.
It all looks so easy and smooth in the demo Videos .
Not for me

I will sleep on it and give it another try tomorrow.

Nothing went right
So hard to set up the Drums ,the response of the pedals hi hat and snare just awful
tried to adjust it to no improvement
its got to be me ,
what am I doing wrong ? Nothing like it looks in all the videos so many on this Forum just in awe of the Drums if I only could get things set up right and feel in awe.
I watched all the Videos over and over ,read the Instructions over and over
tried over and over cant get it to work for me
installed the Loop Bee midi its not showing up in midi settings in the Aerodrums setup
in hope to use my drum Vsts but nope
why ??
Am I the only one ??
I need some encouragement.

Richard

Re: Never have I been this frustratet in my live

Post by Richard » Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:41 pm

Hi, I'm sorry to hear your initial experience was not good. We can definitely help you make it work as you were expecting.

There are a couple of things to check:
- Is the lens on the camera rotated fully to the right when facing you? (there are two field of view settings on the camera)
- Did you make sure to position the camera at the required height and distance with respect to your chair?
- When you're on the drumming screen, is the small rectangular performance indicator in the top left corner always green and showing 125 FPS?
- On the Aerodrums Latency screen, are you using Exclusive WASAPI as your audio device, and are you drumming with headphones? (the latency when hitting a drum should be imperceptible)
- When you're drumming, are the 4 markers corresponding to your two sticks and feet being tracked all of the time? (they appear as 4 coloured circles on the screen)
- Do any warnings appear on the screen while drumming, for example saying that the markers are difficult to track?

If you're having trouble hitting the drums it can make a big difference to reposition them so they're exactly where you expect them to be. For non-preset kits, you can do this by entering the menu on the drumming screen, hitting the "Adjust drums" button, followed by the "Place all drums" button.

Regarding MIDI, did you follow the steps in the tutorial video here:
https://aerodrums.com/using-aerodrums-w ... -samplers/
If so, at what point does the video diverge from what you see?

If you haven't come across the interactive troubleshooter here, it might also be useful:
https://aerodrums.com/fixit/

If you're still having specific problems after trying to set it up again please let me know what the issues are. Feel free to PM me or email us a video if helps explain your issue.

condordontsurf

Post by condordontsurf » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:09 pm

If you wanted easy probably should have gotten a full on electronic kit. Aerodrums you have to balance the pros and cons of an imaginary kit. Don't worry, we all go through this. Sometimes it plays like a dream , sometimes not so much. That is where learning the process comes in.

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:33 am

@condordontsurf

Hehe, you mean easy as in assembling 20ish components into a piece of furniture, and working out 5+ cables?

And also, unless you buy e-drums over £1000, if you want dynamics and audio fidelity that compare with Aerodrums, you need to factor in MIDI connection to a computer plus setting up your DAW and sampler.

I get that Aerodrums should be easier to set up, and we're working on it. But it's not as if standard electronic drums are simple either.

condordontsurf

Post by condordontsurf » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:21 pm

Sipaliwini wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:33 am
@condordontsurf

Hehe, you mean easy as in assembling 20ish components into a piece of furniture, and working out 5+ cables?

And also, unless you buy e-drums over £1000, if you want dynamics and audio fidelity that compare with Aerodrums, you need to factor in MIDI connection to a computer plus setting up your DAW and sampler.

I get that Aerodrums should be easier to set up, and we're working on it. But it's not as if standard electronic drums are simple either.
Hey, I love aerodrums, but is there a user on here who hasn't been exasperated at one point or another with the setup and config? My roland kit in the closet I could pull out and have hooked up in less than a minute, but I wont because I dont have the space. Another reason being is that I didn't know how loud they were until I had one.
I could probably write an essay on the pros and cons of Aerodrums Vs. E kits, but I would rather not.
Hopefully you guys are looking at ways to ditch the light, because I have already seen the way it has changed the product in peoples eyes.