What type of glue for the replacement balls?

peteramour

What type of glue for the replacement balls?

Post by peteramour » Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:07 pm

Hello,

When I order replacement balls I usually order 2 or more replacements.
As I dont need to use them all at once, i just store them for when needed. As it was stored for sometime, unfortunately the glue that comes in the replacement kit dried out and now I need to replace the reflectors in my drumstick.

What conventional glue can be bought in a local store and be used without damaging the interior of the balls?

It seems to me that its just a silicon glue, but if anyone knows more about this please leave a reply.

Thank you

Sipaliwini

Re: What type of glue for the replacement balls?

Post by Sipaliwini » Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:49 pm

Hello, I am sorry that this happened.

Yes it is standard silicone glue. More precisely it is neutral cure, low modulus, clear silicone sealant.

If you don't get neutral cure it will be smellier. Clear is just for aesthetics. Low modulus gives some flexibility. We haven't experimented with silicones that are not flexible when cured, so I'd consider this the most important detail.

Unfortunately I am not sure if silicone sealant is easy to find in smaller amounts than cartridges for caulk guns (but even those offer enough control to put the sealant neatly in the balls' hole, though only if you have a caulk gun) .

Please let us know if you are having trouble finding something that works.

peteramour

Post by peteramour » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:03 pm

I just used a standard Silicone for kitchen and bathroom, transparent. It worked just fine.
Thank you

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:48 pm

Ok great, thank you for the update.