request Midi to trigger internal aerodrums recording.

bkmsx

request Midi to trigger internal aerodrums recording.

Post by bkmsx » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:35 am

Pretty simple to aid using aerodrums alongside a daw.
The internal kits seem to always play better than vstis so I want to record aerodrums audio directly into reaper.

Not being able to trigger aerodrums via midi after the fact means the only option is a loopback audio driver.. or hitting record in aerodrums the. Moving audio onto daw timeline.. to help that, a midi cc or note could be configured to start and stop aerodrums internal recording feature. Would make getting takes down alot easier.

Or just make midi trigger aerodrums..

Wolfgang

Re: request Midi to trigger internal aerodrums recording.

Post by Wolfgang » Tue May 10, 2022 12:04 am

First if Aerodrums could listen to some MIDI CC, it would really make my life more easy. I’m playing Aerodrums in several groups and it’s important for me being able to control things like the volume by hardware in real time. For me it would be enough if I could chose a kit or adjust the general volume by sending a MIDI CC. But it might be also a good idea if the player could listen to transport commands like Play, Stop, Pause, Rewind, Next, Record.

Second. You can record Aerodrums directly in Reaper without using anything else. At least if you are running Windows. And because Aerodrums isn’t multichannel, it will be just the Stereo mix. It’s called ReaRoute and installed (if selected) with Reaper. This are 16 two-way virtual mono audio cables.
Input in Reaper
Input in Reaper
REAPER.jpg (32.44 KiB) Viewed 12085 times
Only ReaRoute 1 & 2 are working with Aerodrums, 4 to 16 don't work.
I’m not using this for recordings, but for applying VSTs in real time when I play live or in rehearsals. Just choose the Rearoute ASIO driver in Aerodrums.
Output from Aerodrums
Output from Aerodrums
AERODRUMS.jpg (30.47 KiB) Viewed 12085 times

bkmsx

Post by bkmsx » Tue May 10, 2022 7:57 pm

Ah yeh rearoute..
Need to check that on Mac,
Used reaper since 07 and used rearoute about twice ;) , I tired other virtual cables but the latency with AD was dire.

Aerodrums should still make it easier,
Control via cc would also be helpful

Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang » Tue May 10, 2022 8:45 pm

There is really no latency with Rearoute nor with Jack audio, I’ve tried both a lot of times the last 2 years by doing rehearsals over the internet using the program Jamulus.
Both are working, but Rearoute is more easy and much faster to apply then Jack. I take one or the other depending the softs I’m using.
I don’t think Rearoute works with a MAC, but Jack for MAC should do it.
Aerodrums should still make it easier,
Control via cc would also be helpful
More than just helpfull! We could control Aerodrums in realtime with a MIDI controller.