Homeade upgrades?

Drummerkevin

Homeade upgrades?

Post by Drummerkevin » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:10 am

So this is my second go-around with aerodrums and I feel like I'm having more success than I did the first time around. Still looking for some Def Leppard sounding drums but still enjoying everything.

I'm wondering if anyone has made any alterations or homemade upgrades? I'm quite worried about the foot reflectors because I haven't had the thing 2 weeks and it's obvious those little cheapo foam things are not going to last very long. It would seem fairly easy to make my own foam reflectors and I'm wondering if anyone has done this? I feel like they could be even larger and perhaps that might trigger things more successfully? Still trying to hone down on the best settings for the best latency and I seem to switch between the three quite a bit. I got the camera stand the other day and I really like that and feel like it's worth it. I have a new little external sound card arriving today.

Richard

Re: Homeade upgrades?

Post by Richard » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:20 pm

Hi, there should be no issue with tracking the foot reflectors if everything is set up well. The most important thing is that the camera can see them - they should appear as moving coloured circles near the bottom of the drumming screen that match the motion of your feet. If they are too close to the bottom of the screen it would suggest that you're sitting too close to the camera. If they flicker or disappear at times it may be that your feet are pointing too much to the side which may make it difficult for the camera to get a good view of the reflectors. You can try point your feet more towards the camera or else angle the reflectors on your shoe so that they point more towards the camera instead of in the direction your foot is pointing. If you need more help with this it always best if you can share a video showing the Aerodrums drumming screen so we can see what's happening.

Regarding the audio latency settings on the Latency screen, you should be using the Exclusive WASAPI option and set the Buffer Size as low as you can before the audio starts glitching. If you're having any issues with this or if the latency is perceptible please let us know.

condordontsurf

Post by condordontsurf » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:24 pm

the feet definitely will last a long time. Mine are so beat up, but still perform. I would definitely purchase some more balls.

Ringowig

Post by Ringowig » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:17 pm

Hi..my original foot reflectors lasted about 4/5 years before I ordered some new ones, as they eventually wore away at the bottom from constant use…I’ve since fixed the old ones up with gaffa tape and they’re as good as new!..so now I have 2 sets :D

The other thing I do now is leave 1 set of feet reflectors permanently attached to a spare pair of shoes…so there’s a lot less wear and tear from removing etc…I just put on my drumming shoes and I’m good to go :D

johnnyM1984

Post by johnnyM1984 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:12 pm

Hi, guys!

I made myself few foot markers on 3d printer. If you need I can make a pair for you. They are totally undestructible, unless you use lava or something really heavy to destroy them.

If you have a 3d printer or a friend who can print it, here is stl file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jx8yjy ... sp=sharing

For binding I use Black Nylon Elastic Band like this one (3,5 cm wide):
https://aliexpress.ru/item/100500276253 ... 26c9iCziio
You can glue both ends together with super-glue or use 3,5 cm fasten or clip, from some nearby sewing store.

And ofcourse retro-reflective self-adhesive tape 5cm width:
https://aliexpress.ru/item/100500295860 ... 1077EnhRKd

I really hate that you need always keep your foot markers reflect directly into camera. So I decided to make a custom 3d model that would look like a cone and have rounded sides. Such cone would reflect to the camera under any degree, giving more freedom.

If anyone is interested, I think I can make some models and test it.