Poll - do you want a camera that completely filters background light?

johnnyM1984

Poll - do you want a camera that completely filters background light?

Post by johnnyM1984 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:52 am

Hi everyone !

Thinking of further evolution of my ir camera mod, recently I came across idea how to filter background light completely. A global shutter camera runs at 250 fps, it has ir narrow bandpass filter and ir leds lamp that is synced with camera and flashes each second frame. The software then subtracts one frame from another. Because the lamp did not flash the first frame, the difference between frames contains only light from markers.

Ideally this could mask out all unwanted background light and leave only light from markers. In practice this camera would still catch the light from fast moving background object or fast changing silhouettes.

Because Aerodrums does not work with arbitrary cameras, that solution will also require filter driver that will register itself as ps3 camera, read data from modified camera, calculate the difference between frames, convert result into bayer format and sent to aerodrums via libusb0 dll interface (on windows).

As you see it takes a lot of effords to make this solution work.

My question is do you really need this camera or are you happy with original and do not need such functionality? How much would you pay for such solution?

Thank you for your comments.

Loydrum

Re: Poll - do you want a camera that completely filters background light?

Post by Loydrum » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:13 am

Hi Jonny I didn't understand anything you'd written other than back ground light filter, that would be a massive bonus as I'm only able to use my Aerodrums at night, please keep me posted if you find a solution
cheers mate Lloyd

johnnyM1984

Re: Poll - do you want a camera that completely filters background light?

Post by johnnyM1984 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:10 pm

Loydrum wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:13 am
Hi Jonny I didn't understand anything you'd written other than back ground light filter, that would be a massive bonus as I'm only able to use my Aerodrums at night, please keep me posted if you find a solution
cheers mate Lloyd
Hi, Loydrum.
I already found a solution, you can see on this forum in my another thread, invisible light camera modification. That blocks pretty much reflected light already, but is not blocking direct sunlight.

This post is about more advanced technology which potentially would give better filtering but still not 100% perfect.

I already invested about 500-1000 hours of research and testing in that ir camera, now I am estimating more advanced camera.

If any users would like to support new research, we all would benefit from it.