New Aerodrums Kit elements

Ringowig

New Aerodrums Kit elements

Post by Ringowig » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:28 am

Hi All,

Hope the Festive period has been enjoyable and safe for everyone.
With all the new-found spare time recently I’ve been experimenting in my new studio and been busy creating some new multi-velocity kit pieces to play directly within Aerodrums.

No midi is required just download, drop in your Aerodrums ‘elements’ folder and assign to a kit as desired.

There’s a 14x6.5 Custom Cannon Maple Snare Drum, Centre hits, medium/high tuning FREE download if anybody fancies giving it a try.

I’ve also created a Pearl Masters Birch Studio kit comprising of 20x16 BD, 10, 12, 14FT toms, 14x5.5 Birch Studio Snare, with snares off, rimshots, and cross-stick elements. These are all multi-velocity (15-25) hits per hand. I’ve spent a lot of time as everything has to be created and edited from scratch but it’s an interesting and fun project :D

All are recorded with no efx/processing, just a touch of natural room ambience the idea being they can be whatever you want them to be in your own recordings, which can be directly out or within Aerodrums itself. They can be then exported and tuned/processed as you desire.
I will be recording other kits soon.
Anyway, all the best to everyone, and here’s to a better year in 2021.

Here’s a link to the Free Maple Snare..

https://gumroad.com/aerodrummer

Regards,
Last edited by Ringowig on Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Richard

Re: New Aerodrums Kit elements

Post by Richard » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:08 pm

Brilliant! I just downloaded all of these and will try them out soon.

Just so others are aware, once you have downloaded the .ele files you will need to copy them to the following folder before they appear in the Aerodrums drum kit editor.

On Windows:
Copy the files to the "data\elements" subfolder of your Aerodrums installation. If you went with the default installation location this will be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Aerodrums\data\elements"

On Mac:
Right-click on the Aerodrums icon in your Applications folder and choose "Show Package Contents". Then navigate to the folder "Contents\Resources\data\elements" and copy the .ele files there.

Ringowig

Post by Ringowig » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:05 pm

Many thanks Richard!.. and thanks for the info. I’ve included this as a PDF file now as part of the downloads.

Regards,

Mitch

Richard

Post by Richard » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:04 pm

I tried these out and they sound great. I particularly like the toms - a lot more punchy than the ones that ship with Aerodrums. I highly recommend the pack for people looking for a change of sounds.

Ringowig

Post by Ringowig » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:04 pm

Cheers Richard I’m pleased you like them :D

Ringowig

Post by Ringowig » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:24 pm

I’ve just finished recording and uploaded a 70s-style ‘Fat Funk’ Snare if anyone fancies trying it and adding it to their elements folder :-) free to download at
https://gumroad.com/aerodrummer

Cheers

Drummerkevin

Post by Drummerkevin » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:29 am

This is awesome! I always wish that we had more on board sounds to choose from. I am completely clueless when it comes to MIDI but if I have to learn it I will. If anyone wants to create some 80s hair band drums for me to import I might even pay you! I think whatever cymbals we have I could make work but I need a hair band bass & snare

Ringowig

Post by Ringowig » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:55 am

Are you thinking Motley Crue ‘Dr. Feelgood’ style drums?.. :D ...maybe try the new ‘Rock Snare’ with a touch of reverb?..if not I may try recording something along those lines...cheers!

Drummerkevin

Post by Drummerkevin » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:17 pm

I have tried those drums and they are pretty good. I'm thinking more of a Def Leppard type of sound.

jc_aero

Post by jc_aero » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:58 pm

Hello

I've downloaded all of them and they are great.

I have one small issue though with sound clipping that is happening with some of your kit elements, when playing a flam or hitting two of them at once. Any ideas of how to sort this problem?

Thanks in advance

Jorge