invisible light camera modification for everyone!

johnnyM1984

Re: invisible light camera modification DIY (also for sale)

Post by johnnyM1984 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:42 pm

Hi everyone!
This is to confirm I am still making those camera mods with invisible light. So if you need one just sent me a message in TL or here.
Just recently sent one to Mik, hope he will do some reviews as well.
Cheers!

tobi_drums

Post by tobi_drums » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:40 pm

Hi Johnny,

I'd be very interested in buying one of your IR cams. I just registered so I can't seem to DM you.
Please get in touch!

Cheers
Tobi

johnnyM1984

Post by johnnyM1984 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:55 pm

Hi, Tobi!
No problem, just contact me directly by email johnny.m@mail.ru or telegram https://t.me/MrMerzlikin as you like.

tobi_drums

Re: invisible light camera modification for everyone!

Post by tobi_drums » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:10 pm

Just to double down on what users from previous posts said: Evgeny's camera works really great! So nice to not have the constant bright light in front of me.
Took a little bit of tweaking but now it all runs smoothly. Thank you for the idiot proof instructional video and for the camera, Evgeny!

Took around 3 weeks to arrive at my doorstep in London with the holidays and everything I'm between.

Cheers,
Tobi

bkmsx

Post by bkmsx » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:55 pm

Cool, enjoy, curious if you have any eyestrain after som prolonged use, I wasn't certain. to be safe I got some funky green ir reducing glasses, even so the fact that there is no visible glare is still a massive bonus as well as the conditions Required to play being much broader.. regular users don't realise how much the light affects ability to concentrate.. after all torture involves bright lights in your face!

johnnyM1984

Post by johnnyM1984 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:50 am

Hi everyone! Thank you for positive feedback, I am glad to know you liked the camera.

Please check it also on the open air, at daylight, in the dusk, at clouds etc. Would be nice to know how it can perform under different conditions. I 've tested it during summer time in the country side, worked nicely but always needed to check the bright sunlight keep away from the camera.

You can try different mount accesories, tripods etc, just mind that you should not raise it too high, probable the table height ~60 cm would be fine.

There should not be any eye strain, the infrared light is very low, its electric power is about 2,5-3 Watts. I checked its power consumtion via USB 5v-12v power supply adapter. The LED lamp consists of 36 LEDS, each 1,5V x 20mA, so the overall power about 1 Watt (the other electric power is consumed by controller, resistors etc). Considering that you sit at distance of 1-1,2 meters from camera, and 90 degrees angle of leds, you catch only a very small portion of emited 1 watt infrared light power in your eyes. And the spektr of emited light is only far infrared, that means this is mostly emited in a form of heat. If you touch camera enclosue after 20 minutes of work, you notice it is warm. This is because emiting far infrared light is emiting a heat.

If you feel eye strain playing with this infrared camera, I bet this is not because of light emitted from camera. You receive much more light comming from normal illuminations like lamps and monitors which have more power to emit in much broader spektre of wavelengths.

If you feel strain in your eyes, I may suggest you to shut all sources of illumination, to launch aerodrums, and then to shut your monitor to make the room completely black. You can play virtual drums without visual control, the more you play the more you improve your skills.

AKn

Post by AKn » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:23 pm

Hi guys, i received the IR camera from Evgeny yesterday and it works just like a charm. You must tweak some things there but it is worth it. I played it with facing the camera to my window, curtains up in daylight with no problem.No f..... bright light in my eyes ;) .Awesome! Cheers everyone!

condordontsurf

Post by condordontsurf » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:13 am

I also received a light. Great work dude.!This is great.

Sigma365

Post by Sigma365 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:29 pm

Hi everyone,
If you're reading this wondering "Should I?" then let me help you out.
Yes, do.

I emailed Evgeny after reading this thread and he has kept me informed all the way through.

The camera arrived a couple of days ago (Posted on 30th Jan, received 17th Feb - Im in the UK)
There is a tiny tweak to do in the software config and you have to 're position' the drums.
The software doesn't operate any differently, there's no difference in sound or response. It won't make you play any better, well actually it might.

You're not looking into the heart of a supernova whilst playing drums. That makes a massive difference. You can practice longer.

Evgeny, you're a diamond. Many thanks.

johnnyM1984

Post by johnnyM1984 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:21 pm

Thank you for positive feefback, nice to know that you enjoyed the camera! The only disappointing thing may be the price, but this is not my main job and I do not have a lot of orders. So the camera is worth for people who are ready to spend on aerodrums more their time and money.

This camera does not reduce latency, but I strongly recommend to check noticeable latency by clicking drumsticks and at the same time hitting the virtual drum. At best, you should not hear the difference between the two sounds, our brain compensates audio latency below 10ms. If you notice latency, check asio settings and buffer length.