invisible light camera modification for everyone!

condordontsurf

Re: Aerodrums infrared camera

Post by condordontsurf » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:01 pm

very very cool! What is the final price? I am definitely interested.

johnnyM1984

Re: Aerodrums infrared camera

Post by johnnyM1984 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:13 pm

condordontsurf wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:01 pm
very very cool! What is the final price? I am definitely interested.
thanks, I've sent you a pm.

because 1.8mm lens have wider angle of view, you can sit closer to the camera and play faster. but you have also to re-positiin all drums before you start playing.

I can build more if there will be demand. The price is different each time because I buy parts at different stores on ebay/ali/avito etc.

please note I'm not giving any warranty and not making a lot of profit on this. this is pure diy project for fun and I'm doing it mostly because i like diy and I have spare time now.

Nuno

Re: IR (invisible) light ps3eye modified camera

Post by Nuno » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:00 am

Hi.

I'm interested in your IR camera, you've made a great work.
Could you please send me the price?
My aerodrums work great with standard light, but i play mainly in the living room and reflection light at the furniture with glass doors is a limiting factor for positioning.

Thanks.

johnnyM1984

Re: IR (invisible) light ps3eye modified camera

Post by johnnyM1984 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:59 pm

Nuno wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:00 am
Hi.

I'm interested in your IR camera, you've made a great work.
Could you please send me the price?
My aerodrums work great with standard light, but i play mainly in the living room and reflection light at the furniture with glass doors is a limiting factor for positioning.

Thanks.

hi Nuno! Nice to read from you.

If you experience problems with the back light you may benefit from altering the threshold and exposure values in aerodrums.cfg file , just make sure to make a backup first. The default threshold is 115, you may increase this by 10-50 and see how it works. If your reflecrion sources are not as bright as the markers, this may help you to filter some or most of them.

You will also benefit if you notice from what angle does the light falls on the reflection surface. In fact, you may end up with simply changing the position of your camera if that would reduce the brightnes of reflections.

If you surfaces reflect because of Aerodrums lighting, you may in fact try to dim the aerodrums lights to the amount where markers are still visible but the reflections are mostly gone. You can dim the light by using semi- transparent glasses or covers, black films etc

In my camera I installed visible light filter. Theoretically if you illuminate your room with LED lamps, the visible light filter should block out any reflections of these LED lamps.

But please let me check this with my environment. If I get positive results with that filter I'll sent you video with my findings.

burnhard

Re: modified camera

Post by burnhard » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:01 am

I'm interested!

shdixon

Re: invisible light camera modification DIY

Post by shdixon » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:28 am

I've had my Aerodrums since February 2017. Did not have much luck getting it to play trying an ASUS i5 laptop and an i7 Macbook Pro. Better luck with the MAC. I bought the camera stand when it came out but we moved and I never got it set back up. I just upgraded the software from the original version. I'm hoping for better results. I registered for the forum and found the IR camera setup. Sounds GREAT for dark room performance. I hope to hear more information and intend to post my results after I get the IR camera/light setup.
Stan Dixon
shdixon@gmail.com
Heath, Ohio USA

shdixon

Post by shdixon » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:24 pm

I'm also interested. This would be much better for stage use. PM me with the price. Thanks!
Stan Dixon
shdixon@gmail.com
Heath, Ohio USA

johnnyM1984

Post by johnnyM1984 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:51 pm

Hi!
If you are unsure if the modified camera works better that the original, I can recommend you to watch few videos on my YT channel.

In this video I am playing in front of the open window in the cloudy day. It is important that the sun does not shine directly into the IR modified camera or does not reflect into it. If the weather is cloudy, the infrared light is mostly reflected by the clouds and we generally see only visible light (wich is efficiently blocked by visible light filter in my camera).

So the cloudy sky is perfect weather for IR camera and Aerodrums.

However this does not work if the sun shines directly into camera. I made side by side comparison, you can evidence that both original and IR modified cameras fail to filter back light completely (reflected sunlight) in this video:

However with the window curtains (or any other IR light filter) in the shiny day you can still play IR modified camera using the Aerodrums Mask feature (Mask feature is when Aerodrums suggests you to mask out the bright areas on the Setup screen)

shdixon

Re: invisible light camera modification DIY (also for sale)

Post by shdixon » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:41 pm

I have ordered one. It's going to take a while to get to Ohio from Moscow. I will keep everyone posted.
Stan Dixon
shdixon@gmail.com
Heath, Ohio USA

condordontsurf

Re: invisible light camera modification DIY (also for sale)

Post by condordontsurf » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:01 am

awesome, i am excited to see people start using these.