custom drum elements

saih_tam

Re: custom drum elements

Post by saih_tam » Mon May 15, 2023 9:30 am

Yep

I've re-recorded all my dununs in studio to get better samples. Now, I have to treat them in my favorite DAW to add some low and high filters and a little reverb if necessary, mix the sound of stereo mic and proximity mic, normalize the sound...

Do you have some advice to do that properly to fit Aerodrums needs ?

For example, I would like to know how Aerodrums manages the dynamics of sound. I feel that on my previous attempts, all my strong and very strong hits triggered a single sample : the loudest.
Should I have played with sensitivity ?
Or should I have feed Aerodrums with louder samples ?

saih_tam

Post by saih_tam » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:47 am

Re @Richard

Richard

Post by Richard » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:47 pm

I've very sorry, I missed the message you sent a couple of weeks ago. For some reason the forum system doesn't always send me notification emails when it should.

To answer your question, the collection of samples you recorded should not be normalized. It is important that you feed Aerodrums a variety of samples from very quiet to very loud. It will then sort the samples based on peak amplitude.

I guess if you've already recorded the samples it might be quicker to modify the volume of each sample so that they cover a ranges from quiet to loud.

If you're still having trouble, feel free to share the samples with me and I'll check why they're not giving the results you expect.