The AEROPAD

Richard

Re: The AEROPAD

Post by Richard » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:17 pm

@Wolfgang

For the .ele files that ship with Aerodrums, we used SoX (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SoX) to apply a fade-out when the volume drops below some threshold. This should eliminate all of the silent part. It I recall, we wrote a program to compute the point at which the fade should begin so everything was automated. It would probably make sense if we updated the .ele file creation code in Aerodrums to automatically do this so the user doesn't need to worry about it.

Yes, that's correct. It doesn't matter what names you give your .wav files because we will sort them for you based on their peak amplitude, even if you number the files yourself.

The elements that transition from one sound to another (e.g. hi-hat tip hits to edge hits or snare hits to rimshot hits) are a special case. Again, we wrote a custom tool to assist with creating these elements where you would give it the .wav files for the two different sounds, it would sort them collectively based on volume and then keep some percentage from the first group and the remaining percentage from the second group. In theory you could do this yourself but in practice it's probably tricky because you would need to ensure that all wavs from the first group are quieter than all wavs from the second group. This is something we could have exposed in Aerodrums but unfortunately it's not currently integrated. If you're really interested though I can probably share the command-line tool I'm referring to - it's been a while since I looked at it so I would need to check that it's still fit for purpose.