Case? Bag? Storage and safe transport ideas?

Duende

Case? Bag? Storage and safe transport ideas?

Post by Duende » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:18 am

Aerodrums comes in such a nice, handy box. It fits the drum sticks, the foot reflectors, the light, the glasses... and not the camera. I would love to get some sort of case or something I can use like a gig bag, that will store, protect, and transport my whole Aerodrums kit. I've thought about getting a stick bag, but I don't think the camera would fit. Does anyone have any creative ideas of something that might fit the bill? It doesn't have to be something made for supporting music stuff. I almost bought a pair of padded bags designed to transport fishing tackle, because they were almost the right size to fit my studio monitors. I am above no solution!

Thanks,

-Duende

JRC

Re: Case? Bag? Storage and safe transport ideas?

Post by JRC » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:54 am

I will soon buy this case for the AD:s and accessories:
http://www.thomann.de/se/thon_flex_cut_ ... pult_1.htm

... which is hilarious given that my nice maple Gretsch kit, and the other digital kits only have soft cases (expensive soft cases, but still ...)

In this I intend to have:

- 2-3 pairs of newly created AD sticks.
- 2-3 pairs of foot markers
- the lamp
- the camera (or possibly 2 cameras)
- possibly a minimixer for AD+click track (like http://www.thomann.de/se/rolls_mx_44s.h ... ch_prv_1_2)

sooma007

Post by sooma007 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:54 pm

I just used the cardboard box for most of it. For the camera I bought a case that was designed for the playstation 3 camera and it fits perfectly.

Richard

Post by Richard » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:18 am

Really nice case JRC!

sooma007

Post by sooma007 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:48 am

Yes that looks like a fine case, I would be interested to know how you designed.

JRC

Post by JRC » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:23 am

Nothing fancy really - just several times heavier than the AD:s. Feel free to see my second post in this thread where I link to the case and inlay.