Aered crashes on High Sierra

Richard

Aered crashes on High Sierra

Post by Richard » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:20 pm

Some Aered users with NVIDIA graphics cards have reported that Aered crashes immediately after they upgraded their Mac to High Sierra.

It seems that a graphics feature called "OpenGL accumulation buffer" has stopped working on High Sierra and this results in the crash.

We were able to work around this by disabling use of the OpenGL accumulation buffer. The downside is that the music notation will no longer be nicely antialiased though the quality of exported PDFs will be unaffected.

Here is a link to this version of Aered if you experience the crash and would like a temporary workaround until we fix it properly.
http://aerodrums.com/download/Aered-Hig ... nVidia.dmg

robsprinkhuizen

Re: Aered crashes on High Sierra

Post by robsprinkhuizen » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:14 pm

Hello

I did't fixed it for me.
Is there a new solution? I have all my drum lessons on this program ;-(

greetings Rob

Richard

Post by Richard » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:16 pm

Hi Rob, I'm sorry we don't have a solution for this yet. This is mainly because we haven't been able to reproduce the problem amongst the Macs we have available to us. Would you be willing to run various builds of Aered for us on your MacBook to help us track down where the issue is? Once we can track down the source of the problem I expect it will be easy to fix. Thanks.

robsprinkhuizen

Post by robsprinkhuizen » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:55 pm

well I would like to do that , but you should know I'm not a computernerd ;-)
How does that work?
greetings Rob

Richard

Post by Richard » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:03 pm

It will be very simple. I will send you a link to a new version of Aered, you will run it and you will tell me what happens. We might need to repeat this a few times.

If you're up for that could you PM me your email address. Time will be quite limited over the next couple of weeks due to travelling but we will try to prioritise this. Thanks.

salvofarruggio

Post by salvofarruggio » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:33 pm

Ciao,

I have a launch problem; Aered does not start. When I try to open the app it disappears immediately and I get this "Application crashed" dialog.

I have tried to reinstall it but still no go. I have a paid version. OS X is High Sierra 10.13.6

grazie

Richard

Post by Richard » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:12 am

Hi, I'm sorry about this. With every recent OS X update there have been a lot of new issues running Aered. We decided to take the plunge a few weeks ago and re-implement a lot of legacy code to bring it up to date with new Apple standards. This work is almost complete and we expect to release this version in a week or so. We will post here when it's available to download.

salvofarruggio

Post by salvofarruggio » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:39 am

grazie