Feature requests

robsprinkhuizen

Re: Feature requests

Post by robsprinkhuizen » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:06 pm

Great product of ease,

I Would like that the notes would be a bit bigger and easier to read, the symbol for the crash is easily overlooked. I also would like to put a cirkel round the toms (wich some drumbooks do) so the difference between the snare en toms is easier to see.
And the ability to put pictures in the score etc. so you really can make a professional drumbook

keep up the good work i will spread the word!

thanks Rob

Richard

Post by Richard » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:12 pm

Thanks for the useful feedback Rob. Regarding the size of the notes, you can adjust the 'staff width' setting to make the notation bigger or smaller on the page. If you click the little lock icon on the splitter bar you will then be able to adjust the staff width using the slider right next to it.

Scottjazz

The "sticking feature"

Post by Scottjazz » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:04 pm

I would like to request that Aerod give us the basic ability to write the drum sticking (R.L.) under each corresponding note. That is the one thing keeping me from not using/bragging about it to fellow drummers more. Everything else is SO much easier to use than the other drum notation programs I have used in the past, but now after so long without this basis feature it is hard for me to keep hope!

texas_drummer

Post by texas_drummer » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:53 am

Oh my God this is fantastic software. I'd like to echo previous requests for one or two ledger lines above the staff for crash cymbals. Bought the software last night and I'm using it tonight to transcribe a song, but I got a little stymied by the lack of ledger lines. No worries, though: searched the forums and found that I can assign the crash to the hi-hat space above the staff and then click on the note head to bring up the crash. Anyway, thanks, guys. This is the best wysiwyg music notation editor I've ever seen.

Zoppo

Re: Feature requests - Line break

Post by Zoppo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:24 pm

Congratulations

This is a wonderful program, I have been looking for a notation program especially for drums for a long time and none of the cheap programs is as intuitive to use as this.
But I miss the possibility to insert a line change where I need it. This makes the sheet easier to read.
Can you implement this feature in the foreseeable future ?

Lanthum

Post by Lanthum » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:07 pm

Users of Aered,

I just wanted to share my personal opinion as a fellow user, so you don't get your hopes up - there probably will not be any updates/changes coming anytime soon to Aered! Meaning for many, many months.

The developers have been pouring all of their time and energy into their other creation - Aerodrums. Google around and check it out on YouTube. The developers were at Namm 2015 - which is pretty big, and they are advertising for it on YouTube. I completely understand - it looks like a really cool idea. But that leaves them with no time for Aered. And quiet honestly, Aerodrums is truly innovative and therefore MUCH more marketable than Aered is. So it makes sense that they are spending all of their time on Aerodrums.

So that means you get what you get with Aered! It would be incredible to see a lot of these desired changes incorporated into a new version, but I just don't think it's coming. At least, not anytime soon.

brucegordon

Post by brucegordon » Fri May 19, 2017 3:48 pm

Have you thought about opening it up to volunteer programmers to add some of these features?

heydeeohred

Post by heydeeohred » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:23 pm

First of all, thank you so much for the software.
Now down to business,

Two things,

1. At this point, why not make it open source since it seems like updates have pretty much been abandoned because of the Aerodrums (which are awesome, thank you.) Other parties could make changes and update, I'm sure there are drummer/programmers out there who would be happy to add features.

2. If this happens will someone PLEASE add a feature to change the time signature to denote the subdivisions (ie: 6/8, 8/16 etc.) This would be extremely handy! Thanks!

Richard

Post by Richard » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:56 am

It definitely hasn't been abandoned. It just hasn't been updated much for lack of time. We're still eager to get back to working on it and still have future plans to revitalise it. As for adding better time signature support, due to the way Aered works, this would require a complete rewrite of the core notation engine. This partly explains why things have been stalled for a long time...we had started working on this but it is such a big task that there is still a long way to go to completing it.

LiamFitzgerald

Post by LiamFitzgerald » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:45 pm

Others have already mentioned this, but for me the main limitation is no easy sticking notation. I can do it manually with text, but it's very slow.
The ability to quickly add a simple R or L below each note would be really valuable. If there could be a slight difference in sound between the right and left that would be even better. There are some drum parts for which the sticking pattern can be really important.
Thanks for producing such a great software.