Feature requests

admin
Site Admin

Feature requests

Post by admin » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:18 pm

This thread is for suggesting and discussing features that you would like us to add to Aered.

jaydub1023

Re: Feature requests

Post by jaydub1023 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:58 pm

Pretty awesome software! Just 2 suggestions, 1) export to MIDI & 2) playing the sound when adding a note(maybe something you can toggle on/off).

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:55 pm

Dear jaydub1023, thank you for being our first official feature requester and sorry for the delay.
We will think about the note playing toggle. On lines that are used for multiple tracks (e.g. Snare / Cross stick), when your last note was for one track (e.g. Snare) and now you want to place a note for another track (e.g. Cross stick), you need to click a second time to cycle from Snare to Cross stick. Would you find it frustrating if it played a Snare sound on your first click?

The MIDI feature is in our current list of Aered limitations:

- no Mac/iOS/Android support
- time signatures must be a whole number of quarter notes
- can't specify subdivisions finer than 32nd notes
- no support for drum roll (tremelo) notation
- no support for time slash marks
- no easy way to generate a drum legend / notation key
- no ability to import/export midi files
- no way to specify repeat counts on simile bars or volta brackets
- the annotation system is lacking (no copy/paste, no justification/anchoring options, only one available font, etc.)
- no ability to finely edit per note volume and hi-hat openness values (this would greatly improve audio playback quality)
- no ability to edit per note handedness or to display a sticking line
- no support for using variable tempo songs as backing tracks (we will support this using semi-automatic beat detection)

bermuda

Post by bermuda » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:04 pm

I'd like to be able to change notes to flams (add a grace note.) I was going to write a piece, but was limited by that, and some of the others already mentioned (rolls, and 1/4 note time signature.) But I love the ease of the program, thank you!

Bermuda

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:35 am

Bermuda, sorry for the late reply, we have been very busy with the Aerodrums launch.

When hovering over a note, you can change it to a flam by pressing the f key. Is the resulting symbol what you were hoping for?
Rolls and non quarter note based time signatures will come later.

Thank you for trying Aered

Drummer2010

Post by Drummer2010 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:12 pm

Hello,

first of all - i´m delight about this Notation Prog espacially for Drummers. :)
The other Programs i´ve tried are mostely too extensive, but don´t have the funktions a drummer need.

So here are my Priorities from your List:

1. the annotation system is lacking (no copy/paste, no justification/anchoring options, only one available font, etc.) :roll:
2. time signatures must be a whole number of quarter notes
3. can't specify subdivisions finer than 32nd notes
4. no way to specify repeat counts on simile bars or volta bracket
5. change of time signature in a song is not suported
6. Android support

Your post is from January 2014, do you have a timeline/prioritylist whith the planned realisation-date for the features?

I would purchase Aered, but not in the actual Version.

Friendly regards,
Ferdinand

Richard

Post by Richard » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:19 am

Hi Ferdinand,
thanks for the valuable feedback. As you may have guessed from our blog posts, for the last couple of months we have been concentrating on adding Mac support (recently released) and MIDI support (being released this Wednesday) to Aerodrums. Now that that is nearly out of the way we will have a lot more time for Aered development. We will write a blog post soon to disclose when the next release will be and what new features it will include. Sorry I can't give more details at this time.

Drummer2010

Post by Drummer2010 » Thu May 22, 2014 4:51 pm

6 Weeks later - anything new? :roll:

Friendly regards,

Ferdinand
Last edited by Drummer2010 on Sun May 25, 2014 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DRUMMER31

AERED ON MAC ?

Post by DRUMMER31 » Sat May 24, 2014 8:11 am

HELLO !
I send you a big thank you for the innovation of your products and I'd really like used Aered on my Mac, when is that going to be possible ?
Thank you for your reply,
Cordially,
Gilles

PS: a manual in French is planned ?

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu May 29, 2014 12:05 am

Myself and Yann are committed to supporting and improving Aered, including releasing a Mac version.

One of our big plans is to make Aerodrums and Aered work together to allow automatic transcription of your performances in Aerodrums. Once these two products become part of the same Aerodrums distribution, we will place a lot more effort on expanding Aered's capabilities.

While we have returned to developing Aered part-time, we have so far mainly concentrated on bugfixes. We will try to get a new version released in the next few months with some new features that have been requested.