New Aered release to fix macOS issues

Richard

New Aered release to fix macOS issues

Post by Richard » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:22 pm

We have just released updated versions of Aered for Mac and Windows:
https://aerodrums.com/get-aered/

This version fixes a number of major issues when running on macOS 10.15 (Catalina), as well as numerous bug fixes and minor improvements such as file drag and drop support on Mac and trackpad gesture support on Windows.

Although this release looks the same and does not have any new major features (*), a lot of the underlying infrastructure was rewritten to make maintenance and future development a lot easier.

Please note that although our app is signed, macOS may still warn you about opening it. If this happens you may need to run it for the first time by right-clicking on the app icon, selecting Open and then selecting Open again in the pop-up message that follows.

If you try it and experience any unexpected behaviour, please let us know here. Thanks.

(*) For those not aware, sticking and line break features have been implemented but are not currently documented in the manual. See:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1187
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7715

derdrummer

Re: New Aered release to fix macOS issues

Post by derdrummer » Mon May 04, 2020 6:02 pm

I have a Problem. When i open some of my Aered Project and Groove, then this Message comes, see Attachment.

I don't can open my Files.
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-04 um 19.01.10.png
Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-04 um 19.01.10.png (23.43 KiB) Viewed 24462 times

Richard

Post by Richard » Mon May 04, 2020 6:38 pm

Hi, this is because currently there is no file association set up between Aered and .aer files so you won't be able to open them by double-clicking on them.

You should open .aer files by either dragging and dropping them onto the Aered window or using the 'Open File' button within Aered.

derdrummer

Post by derdrummer » Mon May 04, 2020 6:51 pm

Ah ok :-) thanks for this Info.

No it works!

THANK YOU.