More lines on the staff

Lanthum

More lines on the staff

Post by Lanthum » Fri May 22, 2015 6:35 am

First off, I want to say a huge thank you to Richard and Yann - great program! I am a beginner drummer, and this program looks like it will be a huge help in writing out tabs!

One quick question - while setting up my first song, I was playing around with setting up the key. It looks like it only allows you to set pieces on a limited number of lines. It looks like you can only assign them from sitting on the top line to hanging on to the bottom line. Is there a way to assign them to other locations? Is there a way to assign something to a line (or even two) above or below the staff?

From what little I've seen so far of different sheet music pieces, people use lines above and below the staff - like the China cymbal. I know different people use different settings, but I've included a few pics showing some examples.
drum-key.png
drum-key.png (26.78 KiB) Viewed 107142 times
reading-drum-notation.gif
reading-drum-notation.gif (8.03 KiB) Viewed 107142 times
Keep up the great work on this, and your other project!
Doug

Richard

Re: More lines on the staff

Post by Richard » Fri May 22, 2015 1:55 pm

Hi Doug, unfortunately, this was an oversight in the initial design, we didn't realize how often people placed notes on those additional staff lines and it's not something that's currently possible. We do intend to fix this in a future release.

Lanthum

Post by Lanthum » Fri May 22, 2015 8:57 pm

Ok thanks for the quick reply! And keep up the great work!

I understand. Either way, I love the software! But as a beginning drummer - I hope that it's something that can be fixed soon! It's difficult to try and switch back and forth between different notation systems as your trying to learn the drums. And that's what drew me to your software in the beginning, the possibility to rewrite different tab sheets into one common notation system for myself.

Take care

Jim

Post by Jim » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:58 pm

I, too am a beginner drummer and this program is ideal for me. I also need it to work as Lantham has described above. The image he posted is the way that Drumeo do their notation. That is the one I am used to. Without the extra lines above, I can't put in my ride and crash cymbals. All the other notation programs are way too over complicated and almost impossible to use for drums. It would really be good if this could be updated.
Thanks,
Jim