Please Fix Line/bar Spacing

Keenbop

Please Fix Line/bar Spacing

Post by Keenbop » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:44 am

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (98.33 KiB) Viewed 31024 times
Hi I love this program but can you please add a way to force four bars per staff. I can't adjust the sliders so that my sheet looks uniform. Some lines have 4 bars then others above or below have 5. Is this something you may be working on in a future update?

Thanks So Much keep up the great work.

Keen

Richard

Re: Please Fix Line/bar Spacing

Post by Richard » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:58 pm

One of the ideas behind Aered's design was to automatically lay out notation so that you don't need to go fiddling with individual note spacings and things like that. We can't both force four bars per staff and prevent the notation symbols from overlapping each other but there may be a good compromise. Thanks for your feedback. We will give it some thought....

lojmann

Post by lojmann » Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:56 pm

Are there any work around for this? I'd also like to force fx. 4 bars per staff...

Thanks.

/Thomas

Richard

Post by Richard » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:28 am

Thanks for your request. Can I ask - do you want the bar lines to line up from one staff to the next (i.e. every bar is the same width) or do you only care about forcing 4 bars per staff but don't mind if each bar is a different width?

lojmann

Post by lojmann » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:40 pm

I'd like to have the 4 bars having same width. Eg. 1 staff = 18cm and 1 bar = 4.5cm fx....

Richard

Post by Richard » Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:07 pm

We looked into this. The changes to support the case where the bars don't all need to be the same width are trivial but having fixed width bars is a bit more complicated. This is because there is currently a scale factor that compresses or expands all bars in a single staff to fit the staff width but that needs to change so that there is a per-bar scale factor that the user has some control over. We will have a closer look to see if this can be added in the next update but it can't be done with a quick hack like we was hoping for and we're prefer to do these changes right instead of rushing them.

Jim

Post by Jim » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:10 pm

Couldn't we just have a line break key so we can put line breaks where we need them?
Jim