Entering odd number groupings as sixteenth notes

atmaanur

Entering odd number groupings as sixteenth notes

Post by atmaanur » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:55 am

I would like to be able to write drum notation using groupings of odd numbers and rests such as 5,7,9 and 11 as sixteenth notes. I would like to know about using brackets over these groupings as well How do I do this? Is this even possible in Aered?

Richard

Re: Entering odd number groupings as sixteenth notes

Post by Richard » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:35 pm

This is not yet possible. We are working on extending the text entry capabilities of Aered (to allow easy entry of lyrics, sticking line, count line, etc.) but will also keep the case you mention in mind.

TieYaKangaroo

Post by TieYaKangaroo » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:46 am

Any chance of this yet?
I just purchased this product and paid a decent amount for it.
You would presume being a program written specifically for drummers that it would be able to handle note groupings of 5,7 and 9!!!!

Richard

Post by Richard » Fri May 01, 2020 10:26 am

This is very big task that requires a complete rewrite of the notation formatting algorithms. We had done some work towards it but it got paused due to other product development priorities. Our development team is small and we have just not got around to doing this yet. I'm sorry.

plattalex

Post by plattalex » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:49 am

I second this! Having odd groupings of notes is especially helpful when teaching students how to handle both odd meters and complex polyrhythms. Let us know when that can happen! I'd be excited to try it out!