Drum notation guide / info copying

dado3232

Drum notation guide / info copying

Post by dado3232 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:52 am

drum.gif
drum.gif (7.4 KiB) Viewed 20126 times
Hi, first of all, you are a genius! (but just give a Mac Version, please...)

My first question is about writing drum notation at the beginning of the chart.
Is it possible to create something like the file attached? (classic drum key notation), hiding time signature.

The second is: I'm working on different exercises using several files, but I'd like to create a unique book with all pages numbered, how can I copy different projects in one?

Thanks in advance!
Corrado

Richard

Re: Drum notation guide / info copying

Post by Richard » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:14 am

Hi, the Mac version will be coming very soon, no later than January.

Regarding your first question, there is no easy way to make a drum key in the current release. However, we have already done some work on automatically generating keys (see image below) and will release this feature soon, probably early next year.

As for your second question, you should be able to merge your .aer files by first opening one you want to copy from, selecting all the notes in the editor pane and pressing Ctrl+C to copy them to the clipboard. Then (without quitting Aered) open the file you want to copy to, insert the necessary number of empty bars wherever you need them and then use Ctrl+V to paste the bars into the new file. That should do the job though we should definitely work on making this process easier.

Hope that helps and best of luck with your project.

dado3232

Re: Drum notation guide / info copying

Post by dado3232 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:36 pm

Many thanks!