hi-hat midi for Drumforge

ozyhasari

Re: hi-hat midi for Drumforge

Post by ozyhasari » Mon May 22, 2017 4:51 pm

Richard wrote:If you click on the Options button in Drumforge, are there any presets MIDI maps you can choose from? I would expect to see presets for Roland e-drums, Alesis, etc. Could you try go through these Drumforge presets and then play the Aerodrums hi-hat and see if any of them work correctly.
im pretty sure there is no option for preset yet sir.

Richard

Post by Richard » Mon May 22, 2017 5:46 pm

I have sent a support email to Drumforge about this. I'll let you know what they say.

ozyhasari

Post by ozyhasari » Mon May 22, 2017 5:52 pm

thanks for your help Mr. Richard

Richard

Post by Richard » Mon May 22, 2017 11:52 pm

I got a reply from Drumforge. They said there is no variable hi-hat control currently implemented. So I recommend you try the following to at least get the hi-hat working so that it can be fully open or fully closed.

First, from the Aerodrums MIDI screen, tick the "Open or closed only" checkbox. Once this is ticked the 'Note' and 'Accent' fields for the hihat in the MIDI map editor will change to 'Open' and 'Closed'. So you will need to set these fields for the hihat.

You should set the 'Open' value to E2. I'm not completely sure what value you should use for the 'Closed' value but obviously you should set it to a note that produces a closed hi-hat sound. Hopefully one of these will give that result: G2, A2, G#2, A#2.

Let us know if you manage to get that working.

ozyhasari

Post by ozyhasari » Tue May 23, 2017 2:57 pm

Thanks Richard it's work!
hopefully you can add midi preset for Drumforge soon.

Richard

Post by Richard » Tue May 23, 2017 3:17 pm

Great to hear that. Which note did you use for the closed hihat?