Aerodrums - BS or Viable Practice Option?

Re: Aerodrums - BS or Viable Practice Option?

Postby Ringowig » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:19 pm

Thinking about it Wolfgang...yes i have shared a kit with myself by transferring over the folder from my old netbook just as you described :-)...its really easy.
I have ordered a camera stand so looking forward to not having to alter my settings quite so much. I have been using the 10'' snare as my practice 'kit' snare...you have given me aln idea to record my practice pad and make my own element files...:-)
Agree with the 'able to play softer with better control' statement...its a revelation after Aerodrums practice.

Regards
Ringowig

Postby Wolfgang » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:44 pm

Ringowig wrote:Thinking about it Wolfgang...yes i have shared a kit with myself by transferring over the folder from my old netbook just as you described :-)...its really easy.
I have ordered a camera stand so looking forward to not having to alter my settings quite so much. I have been using the 10'' snare as my practice 'kit' snare...you have given me aln idea to record my practice pad and make my own element files...:-)
Agree with the 'able to play softer with better control' statement...its a revelation after Aerodrums practice.

Regards

If you want to try my pad, it's a 40 layers sample with a quite good dynamics curve and costed me some hours of tweaking and testing. It would be nice if it could be useful for someone else than just me. I’m thinking about to share it here in the forum.
Wolfgang

Postby Ringowig » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:46 pm

Thats very kind of you..i would love to try your pad!
Ringowig

Postby Ringowig » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:55 pm

Wolfgang you could maybe offer a download with the option of a Paypal donation?..even if it went to charity or just to you for a drink for your time & dedication?..just a thought anyway.
Ringowig

Postby condordontsurf » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:09 pm

Richard wrote:If the small rectangular performance indicator in the top left corner of the drumming screen is green (and reads 125 FPS) then everything is working optimally. If it is red then your computer is not performing well enough to keep up with Aerodrums. If the performance indicator is green but you still experience latency while drumming, this would indicate an issue with your audio device setup.

I understood that condordontsurf had his problems being in 3D mode, so he wouldn’t see the performance indicator.

condordontsurf wrote:I am using Aerodrums on a Mac mini, so moving drums around is pretty frustrating, at least with the 3d software.

For testing performance problems I start Aerodrums 3D in windows mode and place the two windows that I can see the performance indicator behind the 3D window. I can confirm that it can be very hard to move drums around in the 3D mode if you are running on a low-spec computer, I destroyed some kits like this. Just in going to the menu button elements will glue on my sticks and more I try to fix, worse it gets.

@condordontsurf
condordontsurf wrote:Would you guys be willing to share any of the kits you have made? I try sometimes to move drums around and then it just gets too frustrating. I know it is my slow computer.

I have no problem sharing a kit, but I don’t think it’s a good idea, you won’t be happy with it. Like Richard says, you should find out if you have performance problems. If your computer isn’t capable to run Aerodrums 3D, I would consider to use the 2D mode. Better having something less beautiful but more useful. Have you already tried to run Aerodrums 3D on a second computer or the Android/Ipad/Iphone App connected by network to your Mac mini?[/quote]

Yes, Wolfgang is like Aerodrums Jedi Knight. I have been following his responses, since I first got them. He understands everything.

I have just never had much luck with the moving drums around, either on the computer or using the iPad to do it. It just becomes a mess. I was just interested in trying out some different kits that maybe others have made. Aerodrums are awesome, but some nights I can get frustrated with the placements. Also results do tend to vary depending on what program I am using (i.e. logic, addictive drums, Steve slate, etc) when it comes to sensitivities. I wish Aerodrums had more configuring of the sounds in the actual program, like pitch etc. I did play the actual drums inside the Aerodrums software for the first time in a long time (generally use midi programs), and I was like wow these really respond well. I just don't like some of the sounds. Yes I know, I can add my own but like moving the drums around it can get messy quickly.
condordontsurf

Previous

Return to General