Preset "Band" kits - Sounding like a particualr Drummer's ki

Preset "Band" kits - Sounding like a particualr Drummer's ki

Postby JohnD » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:20 pm

Hey all,

Looong time 'technical' Air drummer here.
First of all let me say...How the heck did I not come up with this concept!! This is an airdrummer's dream come true.

I'm considering a purchase but have a few questions:
- Drumless tracks. I did some digging about found a couple of places to get tracks but any suggestions would be great
- As the tite of my post says, Preset "Band" kits. If I'm going to want to play along to a Drumless track, I'd really like the drums to sound like the drums I'm replacing. So I can sound like Lars' kit during a Metallica song then like Tommy Lee on a Motley song. Follow?

I appreciate all the effort put into this.

John
JohnD

Re: Preset "Band" kits - Sounding like a particualr Drummer'

Postby JohnD » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:08 pm

Thanks for approving my thread.
Over 40 views, Nice.
No thoughts though?
JohnD

Postby Richard » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:24 am

Hi John, if you want a greater variety of drum sounds than Aerodrums provides then there are a couple of options. You can either source individual drum samples yourself and plug these into Aerodrums to make new drum pieces or you can use Aerodrums as a MIDI instrument to trigger other software such as Superior Drummer, Addictive Drums, BFD, etc. These products offer a huge amount of drum sounds if you're willing to pay for them.
Richard

Postby JohnD » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:33 pm

Hello Richard and thank you for the reply.
I appreciate the information. The main part of my question still stands in ration to these softwares.
Do they (or anyone else) offer "preset" sounds based on a drummer and/or album?
As mentioned meaning a preset kit sounds for Lars from...andJustice for All, or then Tommy Lee's kit from Dr Feelgood
Paying for them is fine. Just want to make it simple by having a whole kit set of sounds available.
I'd like for the drums to sound authentic to the band and drummer I'm playing along with.
I do not have my own drums or a way to duplicate kit sounds.

Let me know if that makes sense.

John
JohnD

Postby JohnD » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:02 pm

So doing a little research I found a couple of sites that offer multi-velocity instrument samples in WAV format.
Can that be imported (plugged as you worded) into Aero Drums?
JohnD

Postby Richard » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:58 am

A quick search brought me to this drum pack (for BFD3 and Kontakt) that uses the actual kit Lars played on the Black Album: http://www.chocolateaudio.com/products/ ... lbum-drums
But in general I think the likes of Addictive Drums 2 and Superior Drummer 3 offer enough variety that you can find a kit that sounds similar enough to what you're looking for.

To answer your other question, yes, if you have multi-velocity .wav samples you can easily import these into Aerodrums to create a new drums or cymbals for your kit.
Richard

Postby JohnD » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:04 pm

Hi Richard,

YES I found that same site!! It's on sale right now too so I'm thinking about it.
Also found this: http://www.drumsamples.ca/metalcore-dru ... -maple-kit

Thank you for your guidance and input.
looking forward to Jamming.

John
JohnD

Return to General