Aero drums with addictive drums 2 issues

Badmammal

Aero drums with addictive drums 2 issues

Post by Badmammal » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:55 am

Hello
First off I love your product, as the standalone product everything is working great. However I'm still having a little trouble with addictive drums 2. I've dragged the key map into the interface and it loads. However, the sensitivity is extremely high or something. I don't know exactly how to describe it but basically if I just move the sticks around the snare (some other objects as well) it triggers multiple quick hits. For example, I can just move the stick around the snare without ,asking any striking motions and it still triggers tons of hits. Obviously it's a little strange when just having your hand near the snare triggers all sorts of ghost notes. Any suggestions? The sounds that came with it are great but I really purchased this with the intention of using it with ad2 and eventually other midi items.
I feel like I read a response of yours to so done else mentioning something about input sensitivity but can't for the life of me find where to handle that . Can't figure out if there's something that needs adjustments in aero drums or in addictive drums.
Btw, using aero drums in win 7 , Reaper as my DAW, and an rme fireface usb sound card
Thank you!
Looking forward to getting it all up and running

Richard

Re: Aero drums with addictive drums 2 issues

Post by Richard » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:35 am

The reason for this is that when using our own samples, the quietest ghost notes are barely audible whereas with other software such as Addictive Drums 2, the quietest ghost notes produce quite a loud sound.

There are a couple of ways to work around this. Firstly, on the Aerodrums Latency screen there is a drum hit sensitivity setting that determines how hard a hit needs to be before a sound will be triggered. If you change this setting to 'Beginner', Aerodrums will be more aggressive about filtering ghost notes. You might find that this gives the desired behaviour.

Related to this, when in MIDI mode in Aerodrums, there is an unintended notes filtering setting accessible from the drumming screen by entering the menu and going to Adjust drums -> MIDI. This allows you to change, on a per drum basis, how hard a hit needs to be before a MIDI note will be sent.

I recommend you play with this setting, especially for the snare drum as more aggressively filtering out ghost notes should prevent the problem you're describing and give a much cleaner result. Hope that helps. Let me know if you need more details about where to find the various settings.

Badmammal

Post by Badmammal » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:48 pm

Thanks so much for the detailed reply, I'll try out all of those suggestions . I think it may also be helpful to add that I end up triggering notes with addictive drums simply by moving the stick from left to right, not even up and down . This triggers almost something like 1/32 notes , very rapid.

FortMonkey

Post by FortMonkey » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:35 pm

Richard wrote: Related to this, when in MIDI mode in Aerodrums, there is an unintended notes filtering setting accessible from the drumming screen by entering the menu and going to Adjust drums -> MIDI. This allows you to change, on a per drum basis, how hard a hit needs to be before a MIDI note will be sent.
This setting is grayed out for me. (MIDI mode)

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:41 pm

This could be because you are using a preset drum kit. In this case you need to make a copy first (Drumkits -> Clone).

FortMonkey

Post by FortMonkey » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:33 pm

Yup, that's what I missed, thank you!

Based on how the manual was written, I assumed "Unintended notes filtering" was a checkbox by that name, rather than an adjustable slider for each drum.

Sipaliwini

Post by Sipaliwini » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:11 am

Yes, it provides more flexibility at the expense of being a bit cumbersome to adjust for each piece.